SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In 2011, I traded my 2005 S40 for a Kia Forte SX. At the time, I was at a 100,000 miles on the S40 and out of my extended warranty. The idea of being without a warranty on a Volvo was just not very reassuring due to the high costs of repairs and maintenance. The Kia was no Volvo, but for the price it wasn't a bad car. A fun but rather uninspiring car. I missed the Volvo badly, and just was counting the days till I'm able to get back into a Volvo!

Well that day came last Saturday afternoon. Frankly I drove into the dealership, Volvo of Tempe, not thinking I can afford any of these cars. I ended up leaving with a 2015 S60 T5 Drive-E with 89 miles, due to the great job the salesman did in making it happen. I know they were motivated to sell the 2015's on the lot and I needed a really good deal for it to fit my budget. Win-Win.

I'm in love in what I drive again. I feel so happy and on cloud 9 to be back in a Volvo. I don't care if the Germans are fancier and more popular, or that the Japanese are more practical and affordable. The moment I buckle my seat belt and we move, It feels right!

Looking forward to putting my Swedespeed yellow cap back on, and off I go......

Mike

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Congrats and welcome back! Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.......Thank you!

I forgot to mention, that after almost 4 hours of trying to put a deal together, including me almost walking out at some point ;), I got the keys at 9pm way past the Dealers closing time of 7pm. The car wasn't even prepped, they all went home. LOL.

I'm taking it back this week to get it prepped and get an "official" hand off!

Mike

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice! These cars aren't as dynamic as the Germans, but they are very competent and the deals that can be had are incredible.

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Welcome back, congrats!

Post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
We roll! Good for you and enjoy your Volvo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome backs ....It feels good to be back. I almost forgot what it was like just loving a car so much!

....haven't had a chance to take it back to get it prepped yet! I will post some pics the moment I get it all detailed to perfection! ......Bigslick, trust me, I've wondered myself if it really did happen, then I open the door to my garage and there she is....:D

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
... I know they were motivated to sell the 2015's on the lot and I needed a really good deal for it to fit my budget. Win-Win...

Mike
Welcome back, Mike. I'm visiting family out in the valley right now. And yes, right now is a great time to get a great deal. Next week will get better. You did it right.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
...got an appointment to get it cleaned up for delivery since I picked it up as is without any clean up or prepping!

Mike

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Nice car and congrats again. Most of my Volvos have been that color.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts