SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has been a few years since I lurked around the SS forum after selling my '06 Sonic/Gobi S60R 6sp back in 09 to move over in to an Audi RS6. Depending on what transpires with a possible sale in the next few days, could be back visting the forum here soon. Looking at an '04 V70R 6sp Blk/Atacama. Needs some 'love' on some cosmetic exterior items and also a couple of more serious mechanical items (clutch and a strut or two), but nothing that is a dealbreaker if the right purchase price is agreed upon - for me anyway. Splash in the pan compared to the trio of RS6's I've kept up with the TLC on... Have been thoroughly enjoying the RS6 platform, but admitedly miss rowing the gears which can only be done with my Audi's using an 01E swap at a nominal $10K hit to your wallet. Big pill to swallow to just get a manual! Also, there were never any RS6 Avant's (wagons) imported to North America, so with the desire to get a sporty wagon to move my two daughters, great dane, and perhaps some luggage for weekend getaways around, I was either looking to get an E63 AMG, a 535i wagon with the M-sport package, or of course a V70R. The latter is a lot cheaper than the former two and this opportunity is sizing up to be one I could be crazy to pass up. Will know more after Thanksgiving. Have done crazier things over the years. :p

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Trio of RS6's??? :eek:

First of all...DAMN those are hard to find! Secondly, props to you for maintaining three such expensive beasts that make R parts seem as reasonable as Honda Civic parts! I always love the RS6 but maintenance and cost of parts on even one makes me cringe.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Also, there were never any RS6 Avant's (wagons) imported to North America, so with the desire to get a sporty wagon to move my two daughters, great dane, and perhaps some luggage for weekend getaways around, I was either looking to get an E63 AMG, a 535i wagon with the M-sport package, or of course a V70R.
All about that wagon life :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I may get a VR if my SR experience goes well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trio of RS6's??? :eek:

First of all...DAMN those are hard to find! Secondly, props to you for maintaining three such expensive beasts that make R parts seem as reasonable as Honda Civic parts! I always love the RS6 but maintenance and cost of parts on even one makes me cringe.
Yes, three..... Long story on the why. lol Legally can import a 2002 RS6 Avant in just a few months, but will still be missing the manual. I did like my S60R and I guess that's why looking at a V70R is somewhat natural. I have done a host of mechanics on the RS6 plaform that is leaps and bounds more complicated than either the S60 or V70 platforms. The Volvo is half the power of my Audi, but yes - that wagon option coupled with a 6sp is the appeal. Also - the seats.... Color, trim details, condition are all second worry to me as this will be the winter beater so to speak. Have a pending sale on one of the Audi's here to offset the shift to a Volvo when my kids are around.

All about that wagon life :)
Well, yes... That and the manual in this case. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts