SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I came upon this issue today when trying to lay all my seats down flat after a few months of having the car, the single back seat won't fold down.
The latch is the problem, I can give it 100 lbs of force and all that happens is my hand about breaks
Similarly, the single back seat is offset from the double back seat when looking from the side (single seat is offset to the rear of the car, looks like its reclined in comparison), and the trunk tray that opens up onto the battery won't press down on that one side no matter how much force I put on it, but just on the one side.
The double-backed side of the trunk tray snaps into the battery compartment no problem. I got my car back today from the audio shop and noticed that the floor was set evenly somehow, but I opened it up to look and haven't been able to get it back into that position.
I'll be giving them a call about how they did it, but what could be the issue here? I've never seen a row of backseats that weren't even. Looks like it was maybe t-boned at some point in its life even.
Tips appreciated!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is there any accident history on your car? It sounds like everything is tweaked just enough to give you issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,856 Posts
Head over to cl thread and ask someone to pm you if they have auto check or carfax account and you can capture history of your rides.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My Wagon has never been in an accident and for some reason the seats are also rediculously hard to unlatch. I found if you help the red tab (pops up when unlatching seat) come up with your fingers, some WD40 or pliers, it makes the unlatching process much easier.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Head over to cl thread and ask someone to pm you if they have auto check or carfax account and you can capture history of your rides.
CL thread?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My Wagon has never been in an accident and for some reason the seats are also rediculously hard to unlatch. I found if you help the red tab (pops up when unlatching seat) come up with your fingers, some WD40 or pliers, it makes the unlatching process much easier.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Alright, I'll try that in a bit.

Is there any accident history on your car? It sounds like everything is tweaked just enough to give you issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure, never bothered to look tbh, the car was a steal
But yeah, the portion that hangs up will block the trunk from latching, unless i slam it like hercules

·
Registered
16,856 Posts
Ohh, sorry. The non-affiliated sales thread of the month (now June 2019). Usually someone like Bearclaw (Barry) can run a check with their account.
Needing to slam the tail like hurcules sounds like a problem!
CL thread?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts