SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a review that it was somewhat difficult for passengers in the back seat (not the third row seats) to get in and out of the car due to the design of the doors. I have not been able to see an XC90 in person and I was wondering if there was any truth to this. I am also trying to decide between the T6 and the 2.5T. I won't be doing much towing so that isn't much of a concern. All I am looking for out of the engine is good acceleration with the ability to merge on and off of highways and pass on highways easily. Thanks in advance for the help. -JonB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Back Seat (JonB)

Hi Jon B.<p>I'm a 5'6 normal to thin female who is reasonably agile but not so young and noticed no problem at all getting into the second or third row. I read somewhere that anyone 5'5" or over would have a problem in the third row and I admit I felt like I was at the upper limits of height for that row but row 2? No problem. <p>Hope this helps.

·
Registered
155 Posts

JonB,<p>No problems at all with row two. I went in and out a number of times, as did my wife, without any difficulty. As to row three, access is fine for the intended audience (kids). It isn't easy for an adult over 5'5" to get back there, but for occasional use, it ain't bad (once back there, anyone over 5'5" wouldn't want to stay very long).<p>The best performance is with the T6, naturally. The T6 has a definite advantage at high speeds (50+) and a slight advantage below. But the measured performance is much closer than the 60 hp and 44 ft-lb advantage would lead one to expect. If mileage is important, the 2.5T is ahead at 18/25 versus 15/20. That translates to almost 100 additional EPA highway miles for the 2.5T (per tank).<p>I drove both on short courses, two times each. Since the 2.5T is actually quicker to 30, I didn't notice the power difference as much as the better balance and steering feel. The net price difference (less included equipment) is only about $1800 for the T6, so not a big deal either way at purchase time. If Volvo had sourced a 5 speed for the T6 (instead of the 4 speed), it would have been the obvious choice.<p>My 2¢ anyway.<p>jvincent

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I read in a review that it was somewhat difficult for passengers in the back seat (not the third row seats) to get in and out of the car due to the design of the doors. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Actually, that is one of the major advantages of the XC90 over its competitors; the ease with which one can enter and exit to and from the 3rd row...<p><br>Yannis

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Re: Back Seat (GrecianVolvo)

It is easier to get in the back seat of the XC90 than most of the other comparable SUV's. Other models limit your access to only one side door, the tailgate, or don't even offer third row seating. I am a 6' and can get back there and would ride in the third row for a hour or so, but not an all day trip. Compare the Volvo XC90's rear passenger / cargo area to the BMW X5, Lexus RX300, Acura MDX, and Mercedes M Class and I think you will be impressed with what Volvo has created. <p>William

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nope, no problem

I climbed in & out of the 2nd row seat a few times during the unveiling that I attended & it was no problem at all. Easier than in my Grand Cherokee - the XC90's doors open wider so that helps.<br>There was also more toe, knee & leg room back there than my Jeep. Which is to be expected, I guess, since the wheelbase is about 6" longer.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Both front and rear doors seemed to open plenty wide in both the XC90s I test drove, and access to the 3rd row seating was not bad (excellent when compared to the Acura MDX).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts