SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Volvo XC70
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster, fairly recent lurker, I'm currently in the market for a wagon and have a 2006 XC70 I'm looking at Saturday but it doesn't have the built in booster seats. This isn't a deal breaker or anything but I was wondering are the seat bottoms interchangeable. My wife loves the idea of the built in booster seat and was looking forward to them but the vehicle I'm currently eyeing is a better deal and appears to be in better condition than other vehicles at the price point but it doesn't look like it has the booster seats. Just wondered if it could be changed.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
First time poster, fairly recent lurker, I'm currently in the market for a wagon and have a 2006 XC70 I'm looking at Saturday but it doesn't have the built in booster seats. This isn't a deal breaker or anything but I was wondering are the seat bottoms interchangeable. My wife loves the idea of the built in booster seat and was looking forward to them but the vehicle I'm currently eyeing is a better deal and appears to be in better condition than other vehicles at the price point but it doesn't look like it has the booster seats. Just wondered if it could be changed.
Definitely, pretty easy. You'd just need to find the replacements! What color is the interior on it?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Volvo XC70
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks beige in the pictures haven't seen it in person yet. I've also seen cars with much brighter looking beige but that may be the lighting

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Looks beige in the pictures haven't seen it in person yet. I've also seen cars with much brighter looking beige but that may be the lighting
If it's a 2006 it's likely oak, which is common. My 2006 2.5t has booster rears with oak interior.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Could also be "Arena", which is lighter than Oak, but not as common.
Didn't that end in 04 tho?

·
Registered
2006 Volvo XC70
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a guy on YouTube joking about Volvo having 100 shades of beige, I thought that was just a joke. Lol. Is there a way to decode the vin to find out?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
These boosters are not suitable for little ones, not would my 5 y.o. number 2 fit in this booster. The lifespan of Volvo booster is maybe a year, two maximum. It is also not safe for highway trips. Nor the boost-enabled seat is comfortable. I'm actually thinking of doing the opposite with my 2005 XC70.

I also regret I swapped a third row from my crushed XC70 into a donor XC70 few years ago. It is also not very useful and steals a cargo space in a spare wheel well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I saw a guy on YouTube joking about Volvo having 100 shades of beige, I thought that was just a joke. Lol. Is there a way to decode the vin to find out?
Only /easy/ way is to provide the VIN to your dealer. They have tools to figure out order options from VIN. Otherwise if you find the riveted-in plate on your front left quarter panel it'll have the interior code (4 digits).

·
Registered
2006 Volvo XC70
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These boosters are not suitable for little ones, not would my 5 y.o. number 2 fit in this booster. The lifespan of Volvo booster is maybe a year, two maximum. It is also not safe for highway trips. Nor the boost-enabled seat is comfortable. I'm actually thinking of doing the opposite with my 2005 XC70.

I also regret I swapped a third row from my crushed XC70 into a donor XC70 few years ago. It is also not very useful and steals a cargo space in a spare wheel well.
Well darn maybe I won't swap the seats after all, it was just a cool feature plus my 9 year old is small for his age, so i figured the built in booster would be a little better for his confidence when I pick him up from school bc kids are a$$Holes lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts