SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I believe they are vinyl for the third row. The OSD flyers for 2016 and 2017 stated this.

I should add this may have changed for the 2020 6 seater. Not sure if 2019 had the 6 seater version for US market.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
As Gruendig said only the seat surfaces are leather. All the rest is vinyl. I do not believe Volvo offers a full leather option like some of the other more premium brands do albiet at a very hefty price.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
As Gruendig said only the seat surfaces are leather. All the rest is vinyl. I do not believe Volvo offers a full leather option like some of the other more premium brands do albiet at a very hefty price.
And I'm glad Volvo doesn't offer leather back seats. Between the kids kicking the chair backs with dirty shoes and me loading saw stands, doors, garbage, bikes, Christmas trees, etc., I don't want my luxury snob's utility vehicle to become a useless utility vehicle

Frankly I hope Volvo never turns into "those kinds" of premium brands!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Are the back of the seats leather, rubber, vinyl? I was cleaning the car today and I wasn't sure.
I guess I am confused. The front seats have a hard plastic rear section that probably provides some structure to the seat. I see no vinyl or leather trim on the back of the front seats. As for the second row seats, the same thing can be said. There is no leather or vinyl. The rear of the seats have a carpet type of material on them. I cannot swear about the third row as it is folded in my car. But the back seems also to be carpet. What specifically are you trying to understand about the seats? Some manufacturers that have the seats covered in similar material front and back will often use color matched vinyl on the rear. And yes, you can order some interiors all leather. My opinion is that the Napa leather seats in the inscription are the best seats I have ever had in a car.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I did check again. In my car the front seats have a very small section of material that is just below the headrest. From what I can tell I think that is vinyl. All the material on both sides of the front seats is Napa Leather. Probably the same for the second row. The third row is also Napa Leather on my 2017 T8 Inscription.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts