SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! It looks like I'm relocating from Sun Valley, ID to the Seattle Metro Area. I grew up on Bainbridge Island and for the time being I'm back here staying with my folks until my Girl Friend finds a job and we can look for a place to rent on the Seattle side of the Sound.

So I'm just hitting you all up. It seems as though there are a fair amount of Volvo enthusiasts in the Puget Sound area and I think it'd be fun to meet a few more Volvo guys (& girls?). Chime in if there are any events coming up before winter.

Cheers -

Evan

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??? Bueller ...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Evan, So not a whole lot of GTGs or events here in the Seattle area. We did have one small meet at a place in Issaquah WA a few months ago. Only 4 cars showed up. But the 4 guys who did they were pretty cool guys. I have been debating weather or not to keep my car or sell it because of the repairs that are needed. So I'm about 85% sure I'm going to keep it and fix it. I would love to organize a drive for next spring/summer.

What part of Seattle did you move too? I did pass a black S60R in Kent a few weeks ago. You?

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I'm up in Bellingham but get down to Seattle "enough". I'd be down for a gtg (even w/ the bad weather coming).

Plan on throwing the Blizzaks on Friday.

Welcome back to PNW!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bruza, yours is the R parked frequently at NW computers old parking lot? Looks quite good. Working on getting the rest of the little issues sorted out on mine this weekend, then hopefully time for some exterior loving prior to the winter.

If there will be a PNW meet anytime in the near future I'd be down, dependent of course on what my workload looks like!

·
Registered
158 Posts
We had about 16 Volvo's show up for the recent Toys for Tots drive at Pacific Raceways in Kent. Don't know of any other organized events going on soon, other than the All-Swedish show at XXX Rootbeer in Feb.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Bruza, yours is the R parked frequently at NW computers old parking lot? Looks quite good. Working on getting the rest of the little issues sorted out on mine this weekend, then hopefully time for some exterior loving prior to the winter.

If there will be a PNW meet anytime in the near future I'd be down, dependent of course on what my workload looks like!
No sir. Are you up in Bellingham too?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I'm happy-ish to be back... Life in a mountain resort town was pretty sweet. I'll be cruising thru bham a few times this winter i'm sure. Gotta get to Baker now that I'm back!!! Need to shred tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That I am, should update my profile for that... I wonder whose that is, it's right on my way to work in the mornings for me, and as of late I see less of it. Also there is an '04 S60R I see in the public market parking lot next to the schnitzel haul quite frequently...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bakers already got 84 inches this year, on par or better than the best for the last 14 years. I ski and telemark and hope for some time up there soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts