SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the third time, ive sent my car in for work on my headlights. started back in oct 2005, when my headlights pointed down and would not reset. the teck blamed my body kit installer for damaging a sensor. ofcourse i denyed it, but ended up aying $147 for repairs. never functioned correctly since. headlights just point in single direction and flicker, as if it is loose. took it back twice after and problem still continues. now, the fourth return, ive demanded NEW headlights. the teck state that the auto focus (moving up anddown) never existed on any volvo, but i remember mine did when it was new. when i first started the car, i would notice the headlights move up/down slightly. was this my imagination?<p>has anyone had these problems as well?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: back in for more work (volvos40t5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>volvos40t5</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the teck state that the auto focus (moving up anddown) never existed on any volvo, but i remember mine did when it was new. when i first started the car, i would notice the headlights move up/down slightly. was this my imagination?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Well, it's not quite "auto focus", but the xenon package does come with a self-leveling system. I have no idea how noticeable it is when the lights adjust -- and assuming the car is in the same position (attitude) when you start it as it was when you previously turned it off, I don't know why the headlight position would change -- but yes, you may have seen the lights adjust. Your service tech should definitely know this.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as i expected, headlight warranty void due to aftermarket bumper.<p>as much as i tried to convince the damn teck advisor the problem is not the headlight houseing, but the mechanism inside it is shot, he stuck to his guns and voided the warrranty stating in bumper has messed up the headlight housing. <p>damn GALPIN pigs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts