SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Friday everyone! http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

Variation on a theme, what have you named your baby? I am sure I am not the first or the last to name her Rachel. Please upload pics if you can too!

And this is Annie

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Baby names What have you named your R? (CM2RAS)

My Sonic was named "The Sonic"
Now the two 2000 V70R's I now have are named the "Silver" and the Black"

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »
POS

What a coincidence, that used to be my R's name. Now I simply called it "paid for".

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

The last car I named was my '72 Cutlass... Rocket Power! Even had a vanity tag RCKT PWR. That was when I was 17 and since then I never named a car or had another vanity tag.

Now my wife on the other hand has named all my Volvo's "The Volvic" I think she got it from the Water Brand of the same name. Mind you sincce we've been together I've owned at least 12 Volvo's

Sorry, I guess I'm just not into naming my cars. If I had to name my car, I'd give it a stripper name like Skyler or Jill.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Baby names What have you named your R? (Oceans60R)

Quote, originally posted by Oceans60R »
The last car I named was my '72 Cutlass... Rocket Power!

The last named car for me was a 1994 Taurus SHO which earned the title of "Blue Buzzard".

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Re: Baby names What have you named your R? (MagoonR)

Named mine Sven. We grew tired of the female voice screaming at us, so she had a sex change on the drive from Sweden to Germany. He was named on the drive home. Can't come up with a name for the XC90.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I had a 95 Grand Prix named Vandy because I picked it up in Vandalia, Illinois

I have a 97 Maxima named Denny because I met the seller at Denny's.

My R is simply named The Blue Car because that's what my 4 year old calls it. We were going to call it Sally (from the blue Porsche on "Cars"), but that didn't stick.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Re: (Husker Z)

My R I named Marry Jane for good reasions

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: (VolvokidS60R)

Quote, originally posted by VolvokidS60R »
My R I named Marry Jane for good reasions
So your car is full of those little candy chews?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

Lol, nice idea for a thread as well! I've never named any of my cars, though they have all at one point or another acquired names. My Dad named my '85 245 "Wolly" for Wolly the Wolvo, I guess, I dunno....apparently one of us kids couldn't pronounce Volvo lol. Then the '95 940 was named Sven, after several nights of cursing and yelling at the car when it required waaay too much time and parts removal IOT perform simple maintenance. Something to the effect of, "Gaddammit!! You know, there's a Swedish engineer named Sven the Svede laughing his arse off thinking about the poor bastards who are working on this *%&^'ing car!!" ....something like that, lol.

My current R was named Rebecca by a friend of mine. I dunno, we were all going to lunch, and she pointed to my car and asked if we could ride in Rebecca instead of her mom-mobile. .....and the name stuck I guess!!

Cheers!!

-Steve

·
Registered
352 Posts
"The Beast"

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (mjaffe)

I never named cars, my wife does.

The R is Rolf. (He has the male nav voice on).

Before that, she named the S40 Virgil (the Volvo).

She and her sister named her parent's 940t Thor (the Turbo).

Before that, the '79 240 Wagon was Victor (again, the Volvo).

(The MDX's name is Maggie - she has a female nav voice).

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Re: (Needsdecaf)

My Sonic Blue R is named ~Sonic the Hedgehog~

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.