SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am wondering if it is possible to swap a v70r or s60r motor and trans into my 2006 xc70, My xc70 hit the fan not that long ago and it has a blown motor a and turbo... My goal is to build some power with this platform but I don't know if I should just replace the current motor and turbo with the b5254t2 or b5254t4, another question would be if I can but the R turbo on the xc70 motor along with the bigger r injectors and a tune with a downpipe and the boostability kit from ipd... can you guys help me out with what I would need!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why an R motor when a lot of R owners are shimming, or are swapping to 2.3 or 2.4 short blocks?

Instagram: @oliepyle

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Yes, an R engine and transmission can be swapped in. Be aware that only the 04 Rs had the same AW55 transmission as in the XC70. The 05-07 Rs had the TF80 transmission. Still swappable, but might have wiring harness differences. You'll need the R ECM, unless you are tuning at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, an R engine and transmission can be swapped in. Be aware that only the 04 Rs had the same AW55 transmission as in the XC70. The 05-07 Rs had the TF80 transmission. Still swappable, but might have wiring harness differences. You'll need the R ECM, unless you are tuning at the same time.

Well what would be a good idea? should I keep the original motor to the car " b5254t2" or look into something different, I'm just looking to make some power out of the car but I don't know what platform to start with. I could just buy a replacement motor and throw bigger injectors, downpipe,stage 2+ tune, charge pipes and throttle pipes, etc, but again I'm not very educated on the engineering behind theses cars so i have no idea what would be the best plan for the car, that's why i was wondering if i could swap a r motor into the xc70 p2 chassis and already be pushing a healthy 300hp! please let me know what my alternatives could be without having to tare a motor apart and do forged internals! As you are saying that the o4 rs have the same trans so it would be a pretty simple swap??what would i have to do about the ecu???

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I guess it depends on what your end goal is? If you want 300+ HP, then probably a 2.3L engine (01-04 T5 models) with bigger turbo, injectors, bigger intercooler, and a tune. If 250 HP is fine, then a 2.5T engine with a 16T turbo, blue injectors, bigger intercooler, and a tune.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Forget the builder just FYI info on my 2007 XC70

Build thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts