SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.facebook.com/MiKyHuT/videos/10208510556220918/

I know it's not Volvo but it is the same engine as the R so thought I'd share. This is a focus RS that was built at the tuners I used to help at and I did do a couple small things on this car. Before it went bang it produced 952 bhp flywheel power at 2.5bar of boost and no nitrous. That was the turbo only just coming into its efficiency range so has scope to go much higher!! Although it was a custom head, the block itself was standard but with the gaps shimmed. It has the k1 technologies rods and I'm pretty sure it was the Wiseco pistons. It was no.5 rod that gave up so is getting rebuilt with custom rods.

Just showes what these engines are capable of!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
look at the trumpet on that! it's the size of the steering wheel!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I don think that's a B5254T4, I think its a RNC B5254T3... Same basic engine yes. However there are differences.

Also, you could make a pretty sweet jet engine with that snail...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don think that's a B5254T4, I think its a RNC B5254T3... Same basic engine yes. However there are differences.

Also, you could make a pretty sweet jet engine with that snail...
Hmm, I was told it was the same engine code but you are likely right tho. There are a few differences so would make sense for the engine to be different. Core engine (internals) are the same but main difference is oil filter location, breather setup/mounting ect. I'd say externally it more closely resembles the T5 engine in the new c30's tho I've not had much to do with them so couldn't say for sure.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Hmm, I was told it was the same engine code but you are likely right tho. There are a few differences so would make sense for the engine to be different. Core engine (internals) are the same but main difference is oil filter location, breather setup/mounting ect. I'd say externally it more closely resembles the T5 engine in the new c30's tho I've not had much to do with them so couldn't say for sure.
It is the C30/V50/S40/Focus engine. They're all the same car. IIRC it's also the engine in every 5 cyl new Volvo now. The lack of the R/RN upper torque mount is a dead give away.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
If it exploded in the process of making those numbers, then it doesn't quite count, lol.

You should at least be able to make a few trips down a strip or around a track for power numbers to mean something. The expansive force of a grenade is rather hard to make use of after all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was run on the standard head to begine with and produced over 800bhp. It then had the custome head fitted after that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts