SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've Noticed a lot of talk about the New V40 T5 AWD , Plus the only version T4 coming with 6 speed .

Yet No One has mentioned , at least it's being reported that the New T12 - is Direct Injection ?

I thought Volvo wasn't going to do this ?

I also took Note - that there is a Change in the Motor from 2521cc to 2497cc - all of which
has been changed with a Reduction of 1mm in Stroke . If this indeed Fact : It has Implications .

1. A New Rod 1 mm shorter for the T3-T7 Crowd to lower the Compression a Tad on Budget ?
2. Interesting Torque Band goes from 1500-5000 - to - 1800 - 4200 - ? Even Thou 9.5:1 vs Old 9.1 . .
read ( A Bit of De-Stroking ) .
3. How did Volvo Engine Designers get the 9.5-1 then all in the Pistons or the Head ? :cool:

ps: 2012 T5 S60 is Rated @ 2.5-liter 5-cylinder engine that delivers a total of - 250HP and 266 lb-ft of torque
The New V40 is 250 HP & 295 Tq . - both rated at Over Boost .

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The engine is supposed to be more related with the D3 and D4 rather than T5. The D3 and D4 have, afaik, the same stroke. So it is a petrified (hrhr) diesel. The dieselparts do not "plug and play" as the block has different measurements.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Haaaaa

OK , so much for the Full Consumption of that Article Your read : Yes , the B5254T12 is suppose to have DI , and so do Diesels , but
I believe this is all they have in Common .

That both have Radiator systems also : :D

All Kidding aside , the slightly short stroke allows a tighter timing pattern - needed - to play nicely with DI.
( Timing Window - this window takes into account Engine vibrations induced by stronger power pulses ) .

I'd say off top of my head that - the 9.5:1 is picked up mostly Via the Head , and very little to do with the Pistons .

If - daim _ could Interpret some of the Euro sites for Us , as those do mention more Detail about the T5254T12 - sure would like to see
Official Details : in more then 1 location .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts