SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this in the wild today,...will they rename the T-series also?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes but only T6 to B6 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 XC60 D5 Inscription w. Polestar tune
2011 XC60 D5 Summum

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes but only T6 to B6 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 XC60 D5 Inscription w. Polestar tune
2011 XC60 D5 Summum
B for Diesel imho...Diesel only. T will not be B I think...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is in Dutch but maybe you can translate it: https://www.media.volvocars.com/be/...tie-met-een-assortiment-nieuwe-hybridemotoren

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk
"... With these mild hybrids, customers can get to know Volvo's advanced braking system with kinetic energy recovery that is linked to the current combustion engine for the first time. You will be able to recognize this new electric motor by the "B" label.... "

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I think T’s will be T’s for a while. B’s are more sophisticated T’s. D’s will be extinct.

I’m wondering if the new all electric XC40 will be E’s?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
XC40 should be just XC40-8, for the 400HP, but no engine. :)

And I don't like B. Just keep them all T, or H, as all new models will be at least mild hybrid. D is gone anyways.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Mild-hybrid means electric assist off the line. Look to virtually every Toyota hybrid for a sample of how that system works. Another variant is how Jeep did the mild-hybrid system with the new Wrangler and the 2-liter motor. They put a giant belt driven generator on it that cranks the motor and drives the wheels as you pull away from a stop. I doubt that's what Volvo did though, and I'm guessing their system is more similar to Toyota's approach.

It's a smart way to increase fuel efficiency, since you use the most gas accelerating from a stop, and your just losing energy in the form of heat through your brakes when stopping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts