SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These bits are now out of the car and are back up for sale... the first non-flakey buyer with 1K takes it all :)..

Hey Guys- My first post here, so a bit about me/ my Volvo project first..

I'm wrapping up my current BEC project; build log at: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/view...p?f=36&t=14452 -and I'm just about to start on my beloved 1963 1800; build log at: http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309

In short, I have a B18/4 speed/ Laycock overdrive in my P1800 that runs really well.. smooth.. reliable.. good power, etc, but I just don't need this original drivetrain as I'm swapping in a different setup..

I'm figuring that someone here could use these bits.. I'm not here to be greedy- fair value (whatever it is) is fine- I'll just roll the $ into the project (unless my wife takes it first!)..

I have paperwork to prove a complete tranny rebuild (some good $$ was spent on this), and engine work (head) by the previous owner (he loved this car and had it since 1988-- really took care of it- I bought it from him summer of 2014)-- the work was done some while ago (calendar), but not many miles ago (odometer).. This stock drivetrain is in the car currently and runs great-- If you're interested, you can drive it to check it out for yourself until early October (2015) when I take it out of the car.. Overdrive works perfectly (I've actually come to love this OD- so clever!)..

It's not all hearts and flowers though... While it's out, and before it goes into your car, you will need to replace some gaskets/seals as it has some weeping/leaks (particularly the front of the tranny- that leak MUST be addressed before you just plug it into your ride).. (If I was you, I'd just plan on a total gasket/seal job while it's out so as not to need to chase anything later)

So there it is- a good running, clean (not rusty-crusty/ not super-sano, but actually looks pretty nice-- pics at the links above), reliable B18/4spd/OD in need of a different Volvo to live in.. If you need these bits (I'd like to keep them together), please let me know.. (buyer gets it all- starter/carb/manifolds/radiator/distributor/fuel pump/etc..etc.. I just don't need these bits, and the buyer likely will).

I'm in Bakersfield, CA (about 90 minutes north of LA), and I plan to pull the drivetrain in early October 2015..

Thanks for the help finding a home for this stuff.. this is my first Volvo, and I'm excited to learn more about the marquee as I get into this build..

thanks-

--ccrunner

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
I'm in need of some B18 parts as I am going to tow my 122 body into my dads work space so we can start it up!
Have the M40 and B18 but are all in parts so will definitely need some things from you! Wondering how much you were looking for... I'm from Hollywood so maybe we can work something out! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
ccrunner, can you tell me how much you got for the engine and M41? I have a similar package out of my 122--a rebuilt (60k miles ago) B-18, complete with manifolds, generator, SU's etc. Also a working M41 with D-type overdrive. The engine is sweet, and checked out by Phil Singher. The trans/overdrive works fine, but I didn't check it for leaks (but no evidence of any). I also have a radiator, and most of a decent parts car--heater assembly, nice interior, grills, some nice body parts, wheels, rear diff, almost everything. I'd like to get an idea of what to ask, so if you can tell me what you got as a 'fair price' that would be very helpful. PM me, or call me at 603-520-5188.

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is NOT an attempt to hijack this thread--but if for some reason the M41 with overdrive is sold, I have one (D-type) that is available for $500. It's located in Washington state on Whidbey Island, about an hour north of Seattle. I don't have a detailed assessment of its condition, but can say that I drove it about a dozen miles in all gears and overdrive, and it shifted fine, overdrive works, no strange noises. There is no evidence of oil leaks. So, if (and only if) Dean's unit sells, and someone is still looking for an M41, PM me. Or, better yet, give me a call at 603-520-5188 (cell) or 603-298-7677 (work). I'm in New Hampshire, and the M41 is with a restorer in Washington.

I apologize for what might look like a hijack, but I'm really only trying to make things easier for everyone. Dan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries with your stuff on this thread dc-- it was nice talking to you last week..

For my stuff: bkap, I just sent you a PM, and Donedelacruz, please make contact soon so I can find this stuff a new home if you don't need it...

To anyone else that might find this thread, if these guys don't take these bits within the next few days (I'm thinking by 10-26-15), I will split things up.. Tranny with OD is 500.00, and the engine with all ancillaries (including radiator) is 500.00.. all bits work perfectly (for verification on this, see my 1800 build thread at http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309 )

I need the room, and someone needs this stuff- reach out if that's you :)

-Dean

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wait a minute--you're the guy with the awesome Honda 600?? Sh*t, I knew I wanted to get to know you from the time I read the article in Bring a Trailer (or wherever it was) and ebay! I'm glad it didn't sell--it make the Renault 5 "outrageous commuter" look positively tame.

PM me, I need to know more about your plans for the 1800.

Dan

·
Registered
104 Posts
want the trans

These bits are now out of the car and are back up for sale... the first non-flakey buyer with 1K takes it all :)..

Hey Guys- My first post here, so a bit about me/ my Volvo project first..

I'm wrapping up my current BEC project; build log at: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/view...p?f=36&t=14452 -and I'm just about to start on my beloved 1963 1800; build log at: http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309

In short, I have a B18/4 speed/ Laycock overdrive in my P1800 that runs really well.. smooth.. reliable.. good power, etc, but I just don't need this original drivetrain as I'm swapping in a different setup..

I'm figuring that someone here could use these bits.. I'm not here to be greedy- fair value (whatever it is) is fine- I'll just roll the $ into the project (unless my wife takes it first!)..

I have paperwork to prove a complete tranny rebuild (some good $$ was spent on this), and engine work (head) by the previous owner (he loved this car and had it since 1988-- really took care of it- I bought it from him summer of 2014)-- the work was done some while ago (calendar), but not many miles ago (odometer).. This stock drivetrain is in the car currently and runs great-- If you're interested, you can drive it to check it out for yourself until early October (2015) when I take it out of the car.. Overdrive works perfectly (I've actually come to love this OD- so clever!)..

It's not all hearts and flowers though... While it's out, and before it goes into your car, you will need to replace some gaskets/seals as it has some weeping/leaks (particularly the front of the tranny- that leak MUST be addressed before you just plug it into your ride).. (If I was you, I'd just plan on a total gasket/seal job while it's out so as not to need to chase anything later)

So there it is- a good running, clean (not rusty-crusty/ not super-sano, but actually looks pretty nice-- pics at the links above), reliable B18/4spd/OD in need of a different Volvo to live in.. If you need these bits (I'd like to keep them together), please let me know.. (buyer gets it all- starter/carb/manifolds/radiator/distributor/fuel pump/etc..etc.. I just don't need these bits, and the buyer likely will).

I'm in Bakersfield, CA (about 90 minutes north of LA), and I plan to pull the drivetrain in early October 2015..

Thanks for the help finding a home for this stuff.. this is my first Volvo, and I'm excited to learn more about the marquee as I get into this build..

thanks-

--ccrunner
WILL YOU SELL JUST THE TRANS W/o.d - IS IT A J TYPE OR THE OLDER ONE?
[email protected]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey dct, I am the guy with that N600.. I have a build log on both it and my 1800S (in process now on putting Miata subframes under each end of the '63)...

lovevolvo: I'm working with buyer #2 on picking up all of my bits... he's picking them up by Nov 14/15... If there's a snag and the bits don't go by then, I'll let you know here..

--ccrunner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts