SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Looking real good B1 ! Sounds like you really enjoyed the Volvo delivery experience! The car is out of sight and I'm glad you are happy with it ! I just got home from my dealership this evening after inking the finance deal on the XC 90 for this Tuesday in Gothenburg and Saturday (July 25) for the M4 at WELT.
You're gonna have a great time... so much great auto engineering between those two. It's a bit chilly in Goteborg.... stays between 52-62F so make sure to pack a sweater!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks awesome...Several questions... I didn't see exactly what model this is... EDIT: I see it now in your footer! I thought the Rugged styling kit trim was black, not white? Your leather almost looks grey, not black or is that just the lighting of the photo? Love the rims, too bad you can't configure those with an Inscription online...How did you manage that!?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Another question about the OSD tires... B-1, did your tires have the snowflake symbol for all season driving?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Looks awesome...Several questions... I didn't see exactly what model this is... EDIT: I see it now in your footer! I thought the Rugged styling kit trim was black, not white? Your leather almost looks grey, not black or is that just the lighting of the photo? Love the rims, too bad you can't configure those with an Inscription online...How did you manage that!?
It is the urban styling kit which is body matched... If I typed rugged anywhere it was a typo.

Leather is almost a carbon color... Same as the BMW black to me.

Rims was one of my tricks I was able to pull off because I did a military/diplo sale. Not sure why they don't let anyone get these wheels because I think they are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Another question about the OSD tires... B-1, did your tires have the snowflake symbol for all season driving?
I'll check... I'm going to take some closeup pics shortly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
big congratulations and thanks B-1

i printed your thread and i'll read it later on carefully , to send you so many questions :partywave: (just jocking)

again big thanks & Enjoy it as much as you can....;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
It is the urban styling kit which is body matched... If I typed rugged anywhere it was a typo.

Leather is almost a carbon color... Same as the BMW black to me.

Rims was one of my tricks I was able to pull off because I did a military/diplo sale. Not sure why they don't let anyone get these wheels because I think they are awesome!

Thanks for the quick reply- my bad....yes, I see Urban...love that. Your Rim 'trick' was simply because you stated you were Mil/Diplo? I honestly dont see why I couldn't order like this...I'm going to ask my dealer. thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
sorry...one more..the interior Metal Mesh Trim..not an online config option...Love it...Let me guess, Mil/Diplo?
This one you should be able to do... There is a code for it. Here is my build sheet... These are the codes Volvo uses for the items no matter where it's ordered from. It's just a matter of whether they will allow it for a US build.

Mil/diplo got me an almost Identical status to OSD. OSD could do options not available to us delivery. If you ask me I think they are running low on those wheels so not allowing them on inscriptions anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/HbwJ2va.jpg

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Congrats! It looks amazing! :thumbup::D And have a nice vacation in Sweden! Are you driving south or north? :)
South... Walking through Nyhavn, Copenhagen now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This one you should be able to do... There is a code for it. Here is my build sheet... These are the codes Volvo uses for the items no matter where it's ordered from. It's just a matter of whether they will allow it for a US build.

Mil/diplo got me an almost Identical status to OSD. OSD could do options not available to us delivery. If you ask me I think they are running low on those wheels so not allowing them on inscriptions anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/HbwJ2va.jpg

Thanks for this! WHOA...look at those prices!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

·
Registered
81 Posts
B-1, do you think the running boards would look funny without the rest of the body kit, Just as a stand alone option on the inscription? Have you seen any configurations like this over there?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Your VDC salesman is awful young!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
B-1, do you think the running boards would look funny without the rest of the body kit, Just as a stand alone option on the inscription? Have you seen any configurations like this over there?
I was worried I wouldn't like the running boards and admit they still aren't visually my favorite... However Volvos implementation of them is fantastic. They are body color matched on bottom, stainless steel on top and have LED strip lights tastefully imbedded. I think they will look great even without any styling kit.

I ordered them on this car for three reasons:

1. My wife is 5'4" and was worried about loading the car and our son. This gives her an additional step.

2. The running boards are a great guard against door dings which I expect I would get here in Europe.... Based on the rrunning board's position, most doors are going to hit them before they can actually hit your door or body panel.

3. These are actual useful runningboards, in that I can step on them, stand on them and be able to load things up on the roof of the car when I get my roof carrier. I actually used them extensively as I was detailing my car to reach all of the windshield and the roof without having to step on the illuminated doorsills or inside the car. This is absolutely not the case on a BMW X5 with the running boards or more or less useless unless your feet or 2 inches wide.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That was my hope that wife could load our 1 year old twins easier with the running boards on!! Looks like ill be adding those as well! Your experience has really got me excited!! Thank you very much!

41 - 60 of 128 Posts