SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not even a few days or a week ago i getting a grinning sound when turning right or acceleration from a light. I assume it was the cv axle going however my 1st assumption was the strut mounts because today i drove the car today and i heard nothing but when theres bumps in the road a clunk that brings me back to the strut mount ? what is this problem ? what do need to replace Am about to buy a cv axle and end links (i read from a recent post) and install and i have the strut mounts already. Thats basically a hold new front end except tie rod ends.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Grinding sound? Not a CV, they will click on full lock turns.
Have you looked at your passenger motor mount yet?
Sway bar end links are also a good guess. You can check these items instead of just throwing parts at it. In any case, start with the cheap stuff. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grinding sound? Not a CV, they will click on full lock turns.
Have you looked at your passenger motor mount yet?
Sway bar end links are also a good guess. You can check these items instead of just throwing parts at it. In any case, start with the cheap stuff. :)
what would the passenger motor mount do too cause this doe ?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The engine is suspended in the air by the mount. If the rubber is deteriorated, it would be metal on metal and cause all sorts of noises. Sway bar end links are always a huge culprit for front end noises on the S40

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about the strut mounts ? so its not the cv axle ?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If could be many things. I think we're saying to start with the easier, cheaper items. You can easily diagnose end links just by taking them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts