SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my install of the AC Delco (SPC branded) adjustable arms! I can't believe how much difference there is visually now that I have increased the camber. Driver side was previously -2.1! I'm shooting for -1

I was so psyched because my passenger side did not have the dreaded leak detection pump that gets in everyone's way. Was this moved with that fuel pump relocation recall?

Anyway, I'm off to test drive and recheck camber once the suspension has settled. Alignment scheduled for Tuesday, so no more rear inner wear!

Now all I need is springs! :(

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Pics? How long was the install and price?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pics, sorry! I got the arms on amazon shipped for $135 and installed myself. Had to buy an extension and socket ($15), so total was $150. Took about 2.5 hours which includes some prep work the night before (PB blasted both bolts to help break them free).

Now I'm fine tuning camber before the alignment.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah seriously!

Great you did it! I think it's worth it for sure.
Yeah, well if anyone wants to donate to the Veefifty spring fund, I'll send you my paypal address! :) I did this since I need new tires soon and want to maximize their life! 18" low profile tires ain't cheap!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Lol, I was completely off base! I was looking out the window thinking I can't enjoy my car as much as I'd like too. I thought you were talking about the weather and were waiting for good weather for a fun drive . . . I feel so stupid :p
. . . So yeah you need lowering springs too but my funds are going towards new axles :(

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Sweet!!! I need to do this too! I'll do it when I switch out my struts

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks invader! I appreciate you pm's with the helpful links and advice!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Is this just the price for one arm???
Well when you're ready, this is the cheapest source by far! http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45K018...5118484&sr=8-7
I got mine off of ebay, should be getting mine in tomorrow - says UPS. Hope they are right. I got the Heico lowering springs back in 2006 for my S40 - since then they have eaten up the inside treads of my tires A LOT. Not sure what they are sitting at... but I'd say ~-2.4*. I hope to do the same thing like what you did. I'll post some pics if I remember to charge the camera.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
NICE!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is there a thread or can someone write up how to install camber arms? Im looking to get them but dont have a clue where they go or how to adjust. Also - what about the adjustable rear camber bolts instead? much cheaper than arms. anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a thread or can someone write up how to install camber arms? Im looking to get them but dont have a clue where they go or how to adjust. Also - what about the adjustable rear camber bolts instead? much cheaper than arms. anyone have any experience with them?
Get them - I'd be happy to help walk you through the process. I also used this link for guidance: http://krystmsgarage.com/?p=287 *(thanks to invader00 for sending me this!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts