SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This winter my front headlight leveling sensor got ruined. The bracket got bent and the plastic rod snapped into a couple pieces. I temporarily zip tied the sensor into an acceptable position. Unfortunately now I believe the sensor has completely failed, either front or rear leaving me with no useful headlights as they are pointing at the ground. While looking into replacement sensors I found a couple different parts for different trims and configurations. Is there a way to test them without VIDA and how do I find the correct sensors for my wagon?

·
Registered
450 Posts
One of my front sensor rods broke, too. However, the sensor function had evidently quit working or been disabled by a previous owner. My headlights cycle up and down on startup, but then they lock into position. They can be aimed by turning the plastic knobs on the side of the headlight. I will ask the previous owner of my V50 to see if he knows anything about it. No faults listed in my car's VIDA that I know of.

686Sport

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope never fixed it. Seems like only the passenger side headlight moves. Occasionally about every 5 starts they level to the correct location.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the headlights are they same pin configuration as mine (2004.5) remove pins 4,5, 10 from the headlamp to disconnect the motor in the headlamp
If your holding the plug in your hand, with the pins pointing forward it goes Top (Clip side UP) 1,2,3,4,5,6/Bottom 7,8,9,10,11,12

You can also apply (have to check the datasheet again) up +2v and -2v to get the motor to move it up or down, can't remember which pin though sorry

Also I've found that on mine, that arms "wobble" bolts had filled with crap, and cracked, so cut back and lube. I've got the number stamped on them but not infront of me.

if you just attach 2 arms, 1 connected to metal rod of the unit, one to the other, and one to the chassis, roughly the same length, I think it's 60mm bolt to bolt centre of the first arm, then 90mm for second, should work the same. I haven't cracked it open or multimeter but all it does is change the voltage depending on the position of the arm, so i'd imagine a voltage divide or something, probably even throw a regulator on there and leave them both a fixed stable amount. No idea on that one, just throwing **** up and to see what sticks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts