SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought me another 04 R, My second one. But this one is a 6 speed, and i cant get the DSTC Light to ever flash. In the fuse box in the trunk, there is a double fuse where the AWD fuse goes, and a red wire tapped into the loom of wires going to something else. There is also some weird switch in the center fuse box that comes in from the other fuse box. It says "ENT SET UP SWITCH". The angle gear is suprisingly clean too.

·
Registered
547 Posts
See if you can follow the wires leading to the setup switch. I'm curious what's going on here

·
Registered
547 Posts
Click the minus or the plus a ton of times and see if you can spin either front or rear wheels. That will let you know if it has something to do with the awd

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
The ENT means enter. I'd press up or down a few times and then ENT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
What's this? Looks like a small speaker, or maybe a shock sensor? Doesn't look plugged into anything (white molex)?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Is that A mic for an integrated cell phone of some sort?
looks like a sat. radio antenna to me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does this car have a factory head unit?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If it were me I would do some testing to make sure that it isn't some ghetto fix for something on the car, then rip all of that terrible wiring out and toss it in the trash.

If you need clearance to get in there the fuse box actually Unclicks from the metal its mounted to, and it will pull back into the dash a bit.

·
2,521 Posts
This is super interesting. There was some fellas talking about Haldex tuning on FB once. Maybe it is a way to disengage the rear coupler? Like you press one of the bottons which controls that fuse in the trunk, making it FWD only

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is super interesting. There was some fellas talking about Haldex tuning on FB once. Maybe it is a way to disengage the rear coupler? Like you press one of the bottons which controls that fuse in the trunk, making it FWD only
Right, like a kill switch wired into the remote wire of an amp. The only problem I see is once turned off I don't think it would be as easy as turning the switch back on powering the fuse, the car will most likely need to be restarted but that's not a big deal. I may have to do something like this!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
All one needs to do is lift the e-brake about a click or two to disengage the AWD, and let it back down to re-engage it, so I'm skeptical this is an AWD mod. More likely some other accessory that just happened to get tapped into that fuse.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts