SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my 07 SR about 8 weeks ago and I have always been suspect that there was something going on with the AWD system. Are you supposed to be able to spin the front tires at all? It feels as though I can get them to spin, one or two full rotations, then the rears kick in. Is this normal? Dealer told me they updated the software but it continues to happen. I am used to 4wd on trucks and have not had any experiance with AWD. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: AWD question (JimLill)

if this "delay" is normal, am I going to be doing any damage to the angle gear because it seems to engage very hard.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: AWD question (MigsS60R)

There should not be that 'delay' with your '07. Take it to the dealer and have them check the temperature/pressure sensor on the Haldex.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

Not normal sounds like you have an issue. There is a pressure sensor that is known to fail and the 06-07 models had a pre-loaded AWD to help against situations like you are describing...

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
+1, not normal on 06+ models.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for the help, to the dealer it goes on Monday thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MigsS60R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> thanks for the quick response.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>That's how we roll.<p>Congrats on the new whip.

·
Registered
418 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MigsS60R</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just purchased my 07 SR about 8 weeks ago and I have always been suspect that there was something going on with the AWD system. Are you supposed to be able to spin the front tires at all? It feels as though I can get them to spin, one or two full rotations, then the rears kick in. Is this normal? Dealer told me they updated the software but it continues to happen. I am used to 4wd on trucks and have not had any experiance with AWD. Any help would be great. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Do you have a cat? When you go to the dealer again, this time, throw some kitty litter under each of the 4 tires, roll on to it, then show the service manager what happens when you floor the throttle. Demonstrate that the front tires spin before the rears engage. If you don't go to the trouble of doing this, do you know what you will be told, and will be printed on your service invoice? This: "Unable to replicate the problem. AWD functions normally." <p>I think we've all been down this road at one time or another.

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: (adykes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>adykes</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">+1, not normal on 06+ models.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>ah, I forgot about the newer models

1 - 10 of 10 Posts