SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i turn off STC in my 2012’ XC70 , the car feels very rear wheel driven. How much power is sent to the rear wheels?

After some research i believe normally the car is a 95/5, but when STC is disabled it is a 50/50 when drifting. Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
493 Posts
"Drifting" as in screeching tires?

AWD - Front wheels spinning faster than rear wheels

When the front wheels are rotating faster than the rear wheels (front wheel slippage), 50% of torque is delivered to the rear wheels. When the front and rear wheels begin agreeing on turning speed, torque goes back to 90-95% front wheels. This is the default AWD dynamic clutch response.

Spin Control (SC) - Left wheel / right wheel spinning at different speeds ( not explained by steering wheel angle)
Not sure how this works, but when STC is off, or Sport mode ON, spin control is reduced.

See pages 148-49 in the 2012 Owners Manual.

·
Registered
2012 S60 T6 AWD
286 Posts
I'd be curious about this too... I've gotten the tail to come around on my s60 before... but not sure if we are on the same generation of Haldex.

Either way, as someone who has driven both RWD and FWD cars, I'm really happy with how this AWD system handles itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts