SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am having trouble convencing my dealer that this noise is the fault of the drive shaft. I have the marks on the shaft and the noise happens all the time in heavy rain and slushy conditions. I would like to know if the service bulletin that is posted here about that applys to both Canada and the U.S. as I am in Canada.

I am getting very frustrated with my dealer to say the least.

Matt

EDIT: They have no accepted the problem after I told them the service bulliten number. They are saying now I have to Pay $300CAN to get this done? Should I have to pay for this? the car is a 2004 bought new from dealer it does have 116,000Kms.

Modified by Mcally_V70AWD at 2:04 PM 3-14-2006

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: AWD Noise Heavy rain revisited (Mcally_V70AWD)

What is the noise? Can you describe it? Your posting is really vague so nobody really knows where to begin.

That being said, whenever my V70 senses one tire slipping, it diverts the power to the other side and this happens on wet, dry, ice, slush - whatever. When that happens, there is an odd sound that comes from the trans but it has never given me pause to think something is wrong.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: AWD Noise Heavy rain revisited (shrike71)

Quote, originally posted by shrike71 »
What is the noise? Can you describe it? Your posting is really vague so nobody really knows where to begin.

That being said, whenever my V70 senses one tire slipping, it diverts the power to the other side and this happens on wet, dry, ice, slush - whatever. When that happens, there is an odd sound that comes from the trans but it has never given me pause to think something is wrong.

You have a FWD. You are not going to get any driveshaft noises in the wet. He is and he will until his retailer listens to him and takes care of this, easy-to-fix, problem.

He needs to have his retailer take a look at the Sergvice Bulletin that Volvo put out about 1.5 years ago.

Yannis

·
Registered
181 Posts

I had the problem with my AWD, and gave the bulletin (in english) to my garage in Geneva (french speaking). They did the work for free, replacing it with the new beefier bracket. Never experienced the noise again.

However the "fix" bracket hung even lower than the original - which meant for careful driving in and out of garages/ramps.

·
Registered
604 Posts

I believe the noise you are talking about is documented in TN 25-21.

Not sure what years this applies to, but it should solve your problem.

This was recently installed on my V70R, but it hasn't snowed since, so I can't tell if it worked!??!?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts