SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an extra k24, all I need is the bigger compressor wheel, correct? What can I expect to pay for someone machining/boring and balancing it :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have an extra k24, all I need is the bigger compressor wheel, correct? What can I expect to pay for someone machining/boring and balancing it :)

This has been covered unsuccessfully before.... Depends on the wheel you use and cost of the shop. However, when i did a 15g --> 19t hybrid a few years ago with one of the shops that iPd contracts with, it was somewhere around 600 including the wheel. As i remember, when i called G pop shop, they quoted somewhere around 4-500. Midwest turbo and G pop seem to have the cheapest, most readily accessible pricing. I know a lotta guys swear by their local turbo shops - might be worth seeing if anyone local is a turbo builder. Remember, the wheel is about 100 bucks, the rebuild kit is somewhere around 100, plus labor for the rebuild, balance, and machining.

·
3,899 Posts
Used to work for a turbo rebuilder, it will run around 600. Most good shops will NOT just do a rebalance as they assume liability if anything happens for such a small job. It also depends on what wheel and what condition your turbo is in.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Find my thread "K24 Rebuild Kit - 360 Thrust Bearing". I'll be updating it pretty soon as I just got my hybrid k24 back today with larger wheel and 360 degree thrust bearing (the one that is nearly impossible to source).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hit up Nick Knight on FB from Duke City Turbos. My 11-blade hybrid flowed around 1380kg/hr on average. The car ran like a monster. $800, Best bang for buck imo.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just updated the other k24 thread if you want to see how the hybrid turned out.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the input. I ended up buying the good old 20g dougy had on his a few years back. I think what I will do is put the 20g in, and later down the road put take that k24 and make it a hybrid and then possibly slap it back in and put the 20g on an s70 t5, if I ever find one :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts