SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone posted information on availability of this car? My dad is coming off a lease of his Lincoln LS and I think I could convince him this is a better replacement.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Availability (volvocu)

Hmm.....too late for my dad, but maybe I'll get one when I'm ready to trade in my S60

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

Quote, originally posted by volvocu »
In the US it will be available towards the end of this year!

No? That can't be right. I've heard week 23 here in Sweden.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: Availability (T5_awd)

The Euro version will apparently be available well in advance of the US version.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Re: Availability (VolvoMax)

Perhaps the Europeans are getting first crack since the US got first crack with the XC90.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Availability (napster)

Quote, originally posted by napster »
Perhaps the Europeans are getting first crack since the US got first crack with the XC90.

Typically, Europeans get the cars earlier than we do. They will get the new S80 in November.

Yannis

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Re: Availability (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Typically, Europeans get the cars earlier than we do. They will get the new S80 in November.

Yannis

It's here in June...

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: Availability (T5_awd)

Quote, originally posted by T5_awd »
No? That can't be right. I've heard week 23 here in Sweden.

Remember the introduction of the 99 S80 here in the US, and all the endless troubles those cars came with? That left Americans with a very bad taste in their mouth with regard to the S80.

Hence, Volvo is wanting to release the S80 in Europe 3 to 6 months ahead of the US release, just to give themselves extra time to work out any potential problems.

As stated earlier, the S80 likely will not be available in the US until the VERY end of 2006 . . . most likely first quarter of 07.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Availability (BenES)

Quote, originally posted by BenES »

It's here in June...

Hmmm...I cannot say that I am 100% (and I really do hope you guys get it in June)but I doubt that Europe will see the new S80 in June.

I am wiling to bet you some Euros
that you will not see it hit you showrooms until the Fall.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Availability (R Salesman)

Quote, originally posted by R Salesman »

As stated earlier, the S80 likely will not be available in the US until the VERY end of 2006 . . . most likely first quarter of 07.

Forget 2006. Early to mid-February 2007.

Yannis

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

Hmmm...I cannot say that I am 100% (and I really do hope you guys get it in June)but I doubt that Europe will see the new S80 in June.

As I wrote before. I've heard week 23, and that's in June. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
10,097 Posts

Yannis

Some versions, I think 2.5T in June, maybe even end of May.
Other versions like the 3.2 near the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: Availability (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »

Other versions like the 3.2 near the end of the year.

Is there a reason the 6 cyl engine will be released later?Is there any chance the engine is not yet fully developed and that the 8.0 seconds 0-100 figure can be improved?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

8 seconds 0 - 100 km would work out to about 7.7 in the 0-60 mph. That seems respectable to me for a base non-turbo engine for a luxury sedan. Anybody wanting more should probably expect to step up to the V8 (and I don't believe the incredibly slow numbers I've seen around here for the V8 given the XC90 V8 hits 60 mph in 6.9 seconds.)

Quote, originally posted by volvocu »

Is there a reason the 6 cyl engine will be released later?Is there any chance the engine is not yet fully developed and that the 8.0 seconds 0-100 figure can be improved?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: Availability (rollie)

Quote, originally posted by rollie »
8 seconds 0 - 100 km would work out to about 7.7 in the 0-60 mph. That seems respectable to me for a base non-turbo engine for a luxury sedan.

I think 8.0s is for the 3.2 awd.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: Availability (rollie)

Quote, originally posted by rollie »
8 seconds 0 - 100 km would work out to about 7.7 in the 0-60 mph. That seems respectable to me for a base non-turbo engine for a luxury sedan. Anybody wanting more should probably expect to step up to the V8 (and I don't believe the incredibly slow numbers I've seen around here for the V8 given the XC90 V8 hits 60 mph in 6.9 seconds.)

Beleive it or not,these are the numbers!

The rivals of the 3.2 are bmw 530,audi 3.2 and MB 320;bmw is 1.2 seconds faster,even the 525 is faster,audi is again 1.2 seconds faster,and the mb 320 is faster eventhough its an old engine and is being replaced with the 280 and 350!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: Availability (Freeworld)

Quote, originally posted by Freeworld »
Hmm.....too late for my dad, but maybe I'll get one when I'm ready to trade in my S60
Sometimes you can renegotiate to extend the lease out ) more months or year(s). The leases generally will be lower than the current.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Availability (Kirb)

Thanks Kirb.
I own my T5 outright, so I'd have to sell it first. And if the wife wants to get pregnant again, I may wind up going for a V70 (maybe an R?!
)

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Availability (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »

Arrghhh...they are keeping the 2.5T engine for the Euro-S80s?

Yannis

1 - 20 of 37 Posts