SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is VoC going to be made available in other markets, especially Japan. Moreover, I was especially disappointed to see that the HARDWARE itself was missing from by BUILD! Not even a space to put a SIM card so I could use the non-VoC connectivity features without having to use my phone for internet.

I heard it will be made available in Australia soon, so I'm curious if those guys are also missing the hardware and the hardware will be retro-fitted for free for those subscribing.

Thanks

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
496 Posts
When is VoC going to be made available in other markets, especially Japan. Moreover, I was especially disappointed to see that the HARDWARE itself was missing from by BUILD! Not even a space to put a SIM card so I could use the non-VoC connectivity features without having to use my phone for internet.

I heard it will be made available in Australia soon, so I'm curious if those guys are also missing the hardware and the hardware will be retro-fitted for free for those subscribing.

Thanks
Unfortunately, North America is the only market I am aware of that included VOC as in included option. You should be able to get the hardware once it's available in your market, but given the car wasn't optioned with it, it would most likely be a charge. I don't know anything specific about anything regarding the hardware after the fact, but just trying to provide some insight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
VOC is available across the Europe. In my country (in eastern Europe) VOC is complimentary for first owner.
All VOC hardware is in place for minimal available configuration of the car, and connectivity for VOC is set.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Still even if the hardware is available, Volvo on Call basic features will not work if your vehicle is located in a non-supported area. Even if you put a 4G sim in the car's modem.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts