SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people just changed thermostat couple months ago and recently drove home and the temperature gauge stopped working (pinned to the floor) and the aux fan is running full blast on ignition; even after driving for a long time etc. Its probably a sensor but i'm not sure which one exactly. Not a relay right? because they tend to die and stay dead as far as i understand. All help is sooo much appreciated. Gotta love car gurus.

Thank you,
Marshall

·
2,521 Posts
Does your A/C work? Sometimes if the system has no pressure it can make the fan run haywire right on start-up.

If your temp gauge isnt working, then the temp sensor may be screwed which is making the caR think it is running hot and is turning the fan on for that.

Best course of action is to first check the readouts of these sensors on VIDA and check for codes.

·
Registered
838 Posts
May be air in the line. when you replaced the thermostat, did you wait for the fan to come on? with the filler cap off? was it working before you replaced the thermostat?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Did you replace the entire thermostat housing? Because for the R you can not just buy the thermostat.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
675 Posts
Recharge your a/c and it will stop

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
this happened to me last week. pull the brown 5amp fuse under the hood for the computer (19). mine was a little cooked... all is good now... same fuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts