SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First longer trip in the C70 and thought I'd enjoy the music I'd stored on my iPhone.

Now I have to say I probably bought the cheapest cord available on Ebay. Music only played through the phone on first attempt. Second attempt it played through the radio system but soon cut out and back to iPhone only. Third try and a message "This device is not supported appeared on the phone."

Any advice and counsel? Ready for the "buy a good cord you cheapskate!" response . If so which one. Any advice will be appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
First longer trip in the C70 and thought I'd enjoy the music I'd stored on my iPhone.

Now I have to say I probably bought the cheapest cord available on Ebay. Music only played through the phone on first attempt. Second attempt it played through the radio system but soon cut out and back to iPhone only. Third try and a message "This device is not supported appeared on the phone."

Any advice and counsel? Ready for the "buy a good cord you cheapskate!" response . If so which one. Any advice will be appreciated!
Not sure if that is an iPhone thing needing their special cable -- kinda doubt it -perhaps test the cable with another phone (iphone or android)- Took the old daily driver recently on longer trip and my friend had this device we used via the Aux port.. I was surprised that it lasted the 6 hour trip and sounded pretty decent..

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetoo...less+bluetooth+receiver&qid=1571704349&sr=8-5

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought AUX cords and found that the sound quality over Bluetooth is fine. Never used them. Noise level in the car probably eliminates any advantage to direct wiring with the AUX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bluetooth Audio

I bought AUX cords and found that the sound quality over Bluetooth is fine. Never used them. Noise level in the car probably eliminates any advantage to direct wiring with the AUX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am a new owner (2011 C70) and I have just figured out how to connect to bluetooth for phone calls. I did not know you can play audio over bluetooth. What steps are involved?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am a new owner (2011 C70) and I have just figured out how to connect to bluetooth for phone calls. I did not know you can play audio over bluetooth. What steps are involved?
Sorry, no Bluetooth audio in the 2011. I believe only 2012 and 13 have this feature.

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
940 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is correct.

BD
AHA! I recently bought the Alexa device for my car ('13), and aside from the new tech glitches, it works pretty well. I can connect to news, music, etc., by voice command.The system SOMETIMES will choose BT automatically, when the Alexa fires up. Otherwise, BT must be chosen from the input menu for it to function. I believe there is an AUX option, but that would mean one more cable running down the dash to the glove box. It did come with a dual outlet USB power connector, which was a necessary and nice touch, since the Alexa needs to be powered via USB. Amazon sent me 50% off deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts