SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my aux is broken the metal ring is missing and I get tons of static and bad connection from it.

Ordered a new one to replace the aux head itself and its completely different.

What I ordered.

What I actually have.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Year?

RSE or no RSE?

Always good, for parts questions, if you post the MY so folks can help more efficiently.

Better yet, put it in your signature and you'll only nee to do it once.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I do need to set my signature.
It's 2008 V8 nom sport it had Nav and rear DVD mounted in headrests. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
So yes, you have the wrong part.

Looks like PN for aux input with RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) is 30790263 for chassis<569911 (last 6 of VIN) and 31324131 for chassis>569912. Since you're an '08, it's probably going to be the xx63 PN. Try an internet search for this PN (specifically images) and you'll see what it looks like (just like your green one).

PN 30657961 is for vehicles with no RSE.

·
Registered
245 Posts
So yes, you have the wrong part.

Looks like PN for aux input with RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) is 30790263 for chassis<569911 (last 6 of VIN) and 31324131 for chassis>569912. Since you're an '08, it's probably going to be the xx63 PN. Try an internet search for this PN (specifically images) and you'll see what it looks like (just like your green one).

PN 30657961 is for vehicles with no RSE.
Kudos for being the only post on this forum that actually listed the P/N.

The AUX-in on my 2007 w/o RSE is getting really scratchy and loose. Glad it's a $20 part and not one of those "replace whole center console" kind of deals.

So glad I switched from BMW...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I ordered 30657961 and I can confirm this is the correct part for an 07/2007-build XC90 without the rear seat entertainment option.

I did not have to remove the cupholder assembly to replace the AUX jack. I pulled up the surrounding plastic around the shift lever, then removed the four torx bolts and lifted the console up. Then I reached around the aux jack and snapped it out of its two fasteners. Undid the wiring and popped the new one in. Took less than 20 mins and voila, no more scratchy sounding music. My old Aux in was REALLY loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts