SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More ?'s in my continuing quest to keep my car running well (just turned 100,000mi) and perform basic services: Is the aux belt replacement a DIY? Again, the VADIS only has a general description of the job. Is replacing the tensioner a must?<p>Also, I've read the general posts about timing belt replacement, and I don't feel confident enough to do this myself. I believe I know of a good "indie" mechanic, what's a fair price for the job, including parts?<p>

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: Aux and timing belt replacement (98whiteC70HPT)

I would say $400 and less for labor and parts is fair. I ordered the timing belt and related parts from IPD and paid $100 to have it installed. Aux belt is a DIY'er.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: Aux and timing belt replacement (MKC70)

I agree with MKC70. A volvo dealer did the timing belt with parts for $400 on my car. The timing belt must be done very carefully to not move the crank or cam shaft pulleys or valve damage may occur. Yes, the tensioner should be replaced too. It is all available as a kit on IPD.<p>The aux belt is pretty simple. Just use a wrench to hold the tensioner back, slip off one belt and put the new one on. Just take a close look at the routing of the belt before taking the old one off..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts