SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will be picking up our XC90 (FINALLY!) on Sep 25th... We will then travel to Munich, enjoy a couple days there, travel through Austria and Switzerland and then start heading back up to Sweden.

From Lorrach to Hamburg, instead of driving and spending half a day in the car, we could park it in the Autozug, sleep in the train and wake up in Hamburg... A little more expensive, but will give us more time around Switzerland and the Black Forest.

Two questions:
1. Will the XC90 fit ok in the Autozug (I think so), but I cant find the actual roof width as they request on the booking website, but if it is the same as the old model... should be ok! Limit is 135 cm...

2. I need to book this ASAP and the site requires a license plate. Can I get the number from Volvo ahead of time? I emailed my dealer tonight also, so I haven't given him time yet to look at this.

Thanks in advance! It will be hard waiting another 4 weeks...

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
By this point FDC should have your plate in hand. You should be able to email them.

Your dealer should have the measurements -- or can sent someone out into the lot to measure them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By this point FDC should have your plate in hand. You should be able to email them.

Your dealer should have the measurements -- or can sent someone out into the lot to measure them.
Thank you! I did get the plate number today from the dealer...
I'm also going today to sign some papers and will take a measurement of the roof and hopefully be able to buy my tickets on the Autozug tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts