SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Have a 6 week old t6 inscription. Love a lot of things and overall pretty stable experience so far. Having said that I've been having some trouble with the automatic lift gate in the past week. It often doesn't work(when trying to open or close) and I can hear three beeps. The issue is consistent regardless of the method I'm trying to use: keyfob or inside buttons or outer handle. I haven't even bothered trying the foot waving signal but I have to think it would have that same result.
I know the online manual mentions potential obstructions and the three beeps, but I've completely cleared the area and tried all sorts of body "contortions" to make sure I'm nowhere near the trunk of trunk path yet it persists. I can manually open and close the trunk with no problem. once or twice the automatic system has re-started working after locking the car for 5 minutes and coming back to it. Other times the issue persists for hours(I.e during my entire shopping trip and back home).Haven't seen anything similar mentioned in the board so wondering if anybody else has experienced this and if it's more likely to be a software issue or faulty obstruction sensor or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
Haven't seen this issue described in the forum. Your best bet is to make an appt. with the Dealer and have them look at it. There could be a faulty sensor or part somewhere.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi all,
Have a 6 week old t6 inscription. Love a lot of things and overall pretty stable experience so far. Having said that I've been having some trouble with the automatic lift gate in the past week. It often doesn't work(when trying to open or close) and I can hear three beeps. The issue is consistent regardless of the method I'm trying to use: keyfob or inside buttons or outer handle. I haven't even bothered trying the foot waving signal but I have to think it would have that same result.
I know the online manual mentions potential obstructions and the three beeps, but I've completely cleared the area and tried all sorts of body "contortions" to make sure I'm nowhere near the trunk of trunk path yet it persists. I can manually open and close the trunk with no problem. once or twice the automatic system has re-started working after locking the car for 5 minutes and coming back to it. Other times the issue persists for hours(I.e during my entire shopping trip and back home).Haven't seen anything similar mentioned in the board so wondering if anybody else has experienced this and if it's more likely to be a software issue or faulty obstruction sensor or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello

I have only had the issue twice after I have opened the rear from inside the car and then walked away a fair distance to collect something. When I can back and used the back buttons to close and lock or just to close I got the 3 beeps.
I had to use the FOB to close the rear.
Seems accurator failure to me.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hello

I have only had the issue twice after I have opened the rear from inside the car and then walked away a fair distance to collect something. When I can back and used the back buttons to close and lock or just to close I got the 3 beeps.
I had to use the FOB to close the rear.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I had this issue when pressing the close and lock button and the car was not able to lock (for instance, the passenger door was ajar). So car beeps instead of closing and not locking. It's a feature, not a bug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts