SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much hp a auto fwd p2 can handle?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about hp, but according to Wikipedia's entry for the Aisin AF33 (5-speed automatic), it can handle up to 310 ft·lbf (420 N·m) of torque.
I hope it can handle 300whp :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Only one way to find out...

300whp is my goal for my AW-55 FWD 2.5T once I get my 16t and tune, so I hope so too.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only one way to find out...

300whp is my goal for my AW-55 FWD 2.5T once I get my 16t and tune, so I hope so too.
I'm so close.. I just need injectors and tune now... I don't think a 16t can produce that much power though

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well by the looks of it you are much closer than me to that goal. My goal is more of a wish, and my plans of getting a 16t and a tune are still in their earliest stages. I'm still bone stock right now, working on Stage 0.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well by the looks of it you are much closer than me to that goal. My goal is more of a wish, and my plans of getting a 16t and a tune are still in their earliest stages. I'm still bone stock right now, working on Stage 0.
If you decide to go bigger with the turbo do the 19t or 20t conversion. Easiest thing to do. I only spend $360 turbo my 13t into a 19t w/11 blade turbine wheel. I can't wait until tune and throw everything in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I will look into that.
Just remember that only a 13/16/18T can be made into a 19T. My 2.5T had a 14T which isn't interchangeable (the hotside is smaller and won't fit) so you'll have to get the whole turbo. Still it's only $20 more than a 16T which is a large reason I went for the bigger upgrade off the bat. I did consider a 16T before my swap, but figured I wouldn't want to pay and do the work to swap in a 16T and then a 19T down the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts