SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 2.5T XC90 and wanted to know if anyone has rigged it so that the tailgate pops open when the tailgate release button on the keyfob is pressed?

Not looking for any fancy auto open/shut strut used in modern cars but something simple like this Tesla Model 3 owner has done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Dun6iNnoY

Tesla Automatic Trunk Model 3

If you are unable to see the link, pls. search "Tesla Automatic Trunk Model 3" and you fill find a video from i1Tesla

This will help those who are carrying a bunch of bags and are unable to open the hatch.

SR

·
Registered
621 Posts
The tailgate release button unlocks the trunk

You need to actuate the mechanical lock to open it.
You could do that with a solenoid and a relay, and some cable, and hopefully find a way to physically actuate the lock mechanism

But connecting it to the Tailgate lock/unlock directly is not the best idea, as it would also open the trunk when you unlock the entire vehicle.
So you need to stop the vehicle unlocking the trunk when the vehicle unlocks - how would you do that?
Maybe another relay connect to the lock signal for the rear passenger door to stop the trunk unlock signal being sent to the trunk actuator when the rear passenger door is unlocked.... maybe

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ps try fitting the trunk release button from an S80 and then experiment with the REM to see if it does anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts