SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had just started driving and noticed it was getting hot in the car. Odd because I had the AC on and the automatic climate control set for 74. I felt the vents and sure enough it was blowing very hot air. I tried messing with the settings, turning it on and off but it continued to blow hot air. I pulled over, shut the car down and restarted it. It was still blowing hot air. At this point I opened all the windows and continued driving home. After about five minutes it seemed to go back to normal. It hasn't reoccurred yet.

I had my car in for this same problem last year. I was told it was addressed in a software update. Has anyone else had this problem reappear?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Re: Automatic climate control (v50t5black)

Ive had the same exact problem mutiple times. I always forget to ask the dealer about it. I just had the newest software uploaded last time I was in to fix the cold start problem it was having. Ill let you know if it has seemed to fix the problem since I just that done a few days ago.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: (Akash)

My girlfriend's S-40 had the same problem this week and I fixed it by playing around with the temperature setting - first I brought both setting to low and then to high and back and forth. For whatever reason it ended the passenger-side hot air problem.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: Automatic climate control (v50t5black)

I had this exact problem, just once. I turned it off then on (the AC or maybe the ignition, I can't remember which) and it straightened itself out.
Computers; I didn't think it was a big deal - if it doesn't happen too often.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It happened to mine twice now including today. I am bring it in next Sat. I was told that it might be due to a "Sticky switch of the hot air" I will let you know if there is a code.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts