SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It moves down when door is opened, and closes up when door is closed. This owner got it as after market accessory in China.
Sounds a great option if available from Volvo.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
For a vehicle this low to the ground - I'm not sure what the purpose (of running boards) are ... other than to get the edges of my pants dirty. For me - I'd rather have the 4C capability to adjust the height of the vehicle for easy entrance/exit ... and for me, that would be higher.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It extends out more than the stock running board that you can put foot on it comfortably. Still helpful for junior and senior passengers.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I remember when we were deciding on options for our new F150 & decided against power running boards vs standard running boards. But I guess that's a diff. story :p

Much rather get air suspension so you can lower the car.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It extends out more than the stock running board that you can put foot on it comfortably. Still helpful for junior and senior passengers.
You're right and you can add people of small stature like my wife! :D OR you can use this to load something if you have the roof rack installed. I used to have a 50lb bike that I load on our Fit and it's freaking hard, now imagine doing that with an SUV. Unless you always bring a stool or a ladder a running board like this is a great option.

Wait goVolvo how'd you learn about this, are you a member of Swedespeed China too? :D

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I browse a Chinese car forum site. Not a member though. Didn't bother to register.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Interesting.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
They're neat, and I like them for larger DUVs like Escalades/Tahoes, Expeditions and many more, I just wouldn't need running boards for my XC90, cool motorized ones or not. But glad to see someone is now making them for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts