SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opened up one of my JY Autodim mirrors to see what had to be done to transfer my old UEM to the new mirror. Well, I was expecting the UEM circuit card to be separate from the Autodim circuit card. That's not the case. In the picture, the top mirror is from 02, while the bottom is from an 04. The Autodim electronics are integrated with the UEM. That sucks. There's a small vertical circuit card at the right end. Not sure what it does.

Looks the only option is send the old and new to Xemodex to have all the important 1s and 0s copied over for $270. That's not worth it.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vertical part will be remote control receiver for key fob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Okay. That's good to know. The big chip on the left is from Motorola. It looks like an 8 MHz clock next to it. The coating on the card makes it hard to read the part number.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
2007 is also different from both of those, (Compass, etc)

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somewhere on there is a flash memory or EEPROM chip that has all the security info on it. All I need to do is find it, or crack the interface and memory map.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just swapped the circuit modules of my MY02 onto the glass of a MY04 from a JY. Works great.
There are several YouTube vids on the change over.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just swapped the circuit modules of my MY02 onto the glass of a MY04 from a JY. Works great.
But, was that auto dimming mirror to auto dimming mirror? I'm looking to do a manual dimming mirror to an auto dimming mirror.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Planning on doing this in the near future. Haven't found any decent videos on the subject yet. Happen to have a link?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts