SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks who autocross or race. What are your toe, camber and castor settings? I.E
I am looking for some good alignment set points to start from.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Do you have camber plates in the front? A good starting point would be -2 F&R. Factory camber after lowering is not too bad in any case...
I'd start with zero toe front & rear. If you need more movement from the rear dial in a little toe out there. Take it in small increments as things can get dicey pretty quick. You can be a little more aggressive in this area for autocross, less so for track.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding coilovers and camber arms this weekend. Going to use a string box for the toe. Really zero toe, even for track? I imagine zero toe rear would be OK since it would help oversteer. Won't zero toe front hurt my turn in a lot?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Less toe will help turn in. Some people even go a bit out on the front as well, not my cup of tea.
I think you'll really like zero all around as a start. I know JN2K108 has run this as well. Car feels light, poised to turn at the slightest signal from you without being overly darty. I don't have first hand experience with the Haldex AWD but I wouldn't image it to be much different. I have run the Audi Quattro system & that needs a little more encouragement to get the rear moving. Toe out in the rear for sure.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Less toe will help turn in. Some people even go a bit out on the front as well, not my cup of tea.
I think you'll really like zero all around as a start. I know JN2K108 has run this as well. Car feels light, poised to turn at the slightest signal from you without being overly darty. I don't have first hand experience with the Haldex AWD but I wouldn't image it to be much different. I have run the Audi Quattro system & that needs a little more encouragement to get the rear moving. Toe out in the rear for sure.
That is a bit confusing but Ill start with 0° all around and see if I like it. The car regularly sees triple digits. I don't really want it to be "darty".

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
what coilovers are you getting?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what coilovers are you getting?
Found a great deal on Megan Racing with a somewhat soft spring rate. The valves are adjustable compression and rebound unlike some other volvo aftermarket coilovers. They are for FWD so I am not so sure how the rear will turn out. I may have to flip the top bracket or fab up a bracket to move the mount to the top of the strut tower if the strut is too long. That is for another thread though.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^awesome. well good luck with gettting the rear to fit- hopefully you can figure something out, that would be awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts