SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible for my 06 V70R to have auto unlocking doors when either the driver or front passenger doors are opened? and when in Reverse for the passenger mirror to automatically lower so i can see the curb? I have these features on my CLK. has anyone gotten the dealer to do these features for you? thanks<p>-Greg<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by silver623arrow at 10:28 PM 4-18-2006</i>

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: auto unlocking doors and auto lowering mirrors when in reverse? (silver623arrow)

Set one of your memory seat positions to have the same seat position but lower mirror positions.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: auto unlocking doors and auto lowering mirrors when in reverse? (PhilUp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>PhilUp</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Set one of your memory seat positions to have the same seat position but lower mirror positions. </TD></TR></TABLE><br>In other words NO, the above is the best you can so

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Re: auto unlocking doors and auto lowering mirrors when in reverse? (silver623arrow)

Based on your post, have you been able to get a dealer to make an order on an 2007 R?<p>I doubt there will be many software changes, and you need to ask for this type of option to be programmmed for you, as opposed to MB where it is layers down in the COMAND system. I would not look for the option you specify to be available. Unfortunately, few dealers will have a complete list of just what the options are, and after sale, once you learn of them, look for about $100 charge per option change.<p>Also the puddle lights will not illuminate when approaching the car as you are no doubt used to with an MB. It is a separate function on the remote, and can not be integratred with unlock. Departure lighting is also not automatic, but can be manually set. Duration is one of the options at the head end.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: auto unlocking doors and auto lowering mirrors when in reverse? (JRL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JRL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>In other words NO, the above is the best you can so</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No not by the dealer but with some knowledge of the where to find the reverse signal and some handy wiring with a relay to the seat/mirror memory button might do the trick. For those with a wiring diagram, does such a signal exist that one could use to activate a relay?<p>LTA<br>

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>silver623arrow</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it possible for my 07 V70R to have auto unlocking doors when either the driver or front passenger doors are opened? and when in Reverse for the passenger mirror to automatically lower so i can see the curb? I have these features on my CLK. has anyone gotten the dealer to do these features for you? thanks<p>-Greg</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Wait a second... Greg, did you mean 'my' as in 'mine' or 'my' as in 'MY' ie Model Year? Are you saying you've ordered at 2007 V70R?<p>LTA<br>

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have found the R to be quite limited in menu options. Both my ex-Lincoln and present Tahoe and previous JEEPs offered numerous options the Volvo does not.<br>$100 an option is just ridiculous. It ought to be menu driven as in most other cars.<p>Pushing that little yellow button on the remote is a pain in the arse. And having to pay a dealership to program automatic locking. ?????? Gimme a break!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts