SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When flooring it in 1st or from a stop, my trans will rev to red line rather than switching to 2nd, in order to get it to switch i have to let off the gas and let it rev down, this obviously shouldnt be happening, but it only happens in 1st.

So ive had this problem for about 5 months and it slowly got worse, but now its seems to have stop getting worse and it happens around 50% of the time at full throttle, anyone heard of this or know what it may be?

(This is the Auto 5 speed)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Could be an adaptation issue... I'd check the fluid...

·
Registered
438 Posts
This could be a shift solenoid. I'm more familiar with this in other transmissions than the volvo's though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get your car scanned, a problem this bad should be leaving codes in the system.
Well sometimes my check engine light comes on, but then it will go off, but im assuming its for the faulty trans.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Well sometimes my check engine light comes on, but then it will go off, but im assuming its for the faulty trans.
CEL wouldn't trigger from a trans issue I wouldn't think.

You need to get it scanned with VIDA.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Vida

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Though this problem only occurs at full or 3/4 throttle, at a regular speed it shifts at the correct RPMs, that part confuses me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CEL wouldn't trigger from a trans issue I wouldn't think.

You need to get it scanned with VIDA.
Is the only way I can get it scanned is for me to buy it?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You can have a dealership scan it but they will charge you an exorbitant amount of money. And having your own copy of VIDA is basically a necessity for troubleshooting these cars. Unless you like spending lots of money at dealerships and/or throwing parts at problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could this problem have anything to do with the angle gear? This seems too be a common problem in high mileage R's and mines got 164000 and i haven't had it for long so im not sure what the previous owners have done to keep it upkept

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, the angle gear just transmits torque to the rear wheels, it has nothing to do with how the tranny shifts.
Okay thanks for the info, im not a transmission expert yet:)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Okay thanks for the info, im not a transmission expert yet:)
Yeah, the AW55 doesn't even know there's an angle gear... I'd say your AW55 is having some issues. You need a VIDA scan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the AW55 doesn't even know there's an angle gear... I'd say your AW55 is having some issues. You need a VIDA scan.
At first i thought it was just a computer/ sensor issue, for right now its not that bad but ill try to get my hands on a VIDA DICE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts