SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today as I stopped to backup into my work parking spot as i was shifting into reverse the engine cutout until i stomped the gas pedal, a little sensitive all of a sudden.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If I'm lucky I get one S/S per trip, so if I waste it on one of yawls scenarios I'm bummed; rather ration my ONE S/S at a long light...and, as usual, Volvo appreciates your continued beta testing of S/S...

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Start / Stop only enables if you are at a complete standstill. So what I'm guessing is you are reversing into a spot, where it requires a few second pause to change gears?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My stop start has shut off before I technically stop at a set of lights. Anyone else???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
So i just picked up a T5 Momentum last week and noticed that once I shut off AS/S it stays off ... I mean for good ... it hasn't turned on all week.

Coming from an XC90, I know I had to disable it every time I started the car ... but on the XC60 once disabled it stays off for good even after restarts.

Is this normal or did I get lucky?

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
So i just picked up a T5 Momentum last week and noticed that once I shut off AS/S it stays off ... I mean for good ... it hasn't turned on all week.

Coming from an XC90, I know I had to disable it every time I started the car ... but on the XC60 once disabled it stays off for good even after restarts.

Maybe for MY2020 they changed this?

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
122 Posts
I have a 2019 XC60. There is an option for Start/Stop to have it on or off permanently thus not requiring to turn it off every time the vehicle is started. Just swipe right from the Home screen to see the option.

·
Registered
142 Posts
2019 XC60 Momentum here also. I thought it was on all the time in ECO mode and the switch controlled it in the other modes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a 2019 XC60. There is an option for Start/Stop to have it on or off permanently thus not requiring to turn it off every time the vehicle is started. Just swipe right from the Home screen to see the option.
Yes, I am aware of where you turn it on/off ... but on XC90 this was something that turned back ON with every car restart ... hence needing to turn it OFF all the time. It was super annoying.

I am glad it stays OFF but doesn't sound like all of you are experiencing the same thing ... i have a 2019 btw.

·
Registered
45 Posts

My 2019 S60 T5 S/S can be turned off permanently in any mode except Eco of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
122 Posts
I believe in ECO mode the start/stop is on but in the other modes it can be permanently turned off. I don't drive in ECO mode.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I notice it's extremely sensitive in Eco mode. It shut off almost before I'm at a complete stop. In comfort it waits a second after a complete stop to turn off and in performance mode, it doesn't shut off at all. Weird, but I've come to learn it's tendencies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts