SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and it was 12.62 volts. Car had sat for a week or so, so thought maybe voltage was getting low, but 12.62 VDC I'd think wouldn't be low enough to disable the A/S/S.

Now, I've heard rumor of another battery...where is it at and how easy is it to check voltage?

No big deal, but this time of year, with the cooler temps, the auto start stop is worth the price of admission. Not worth a special trip to the dealer--no codes or anything showing up...?

·
Registered
86 Posts
In addition to being activated, additional conditions have to be met. If you observe the "My Car" menu page, it'll indicate whether all the additional auto-start/stop conditions have been met.

Is your seat belt fastened? Apparently, that's one of them also.

I think the second battery is illustrated here (this is from the V40 manual - couldn't find the S60 equivalent):
http://support.volvocars.com/uk/car...4w20&article=da0875665ebd1c0ac0a801e801f58ce2

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
"This time of year" auto-stop disables below certain temps so the engine can generate enough heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
"This time of year" auto-stop disables below certain temps so the engine can generate enough heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where as for us its when the ambient temperature is to high (> 30C) at "this time of year".

Tony

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here in Tampa around 87F is the high range where S/S disengages and it seldom ever gets cold enough for the lower range ("freezing")...I noticed it the last couple days while it has been upper 70s/low 80s. Seat belt's always fastened--I'm well trained.

ant1sec, thanks for the interesting V40 link--wonder why--if the support battery exists in the V60--it's not mentioned in my manual (which I know by heart...), although it does mention "main" battery in the start/stop section. No worries, will keep an eye on it...

·
Registered
572 Posts
The support battery in the 60 series vehicles is located under the cowl. It's sole purpose is to run the auxiliaries during starting so that auxiliary function is not interrupted.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update--got into the MyCar menus and checked the auto start--said it was unavailable due to "electrical system." Checked it again later after driving around and it was "available" and sure enough, worked like normal. Guessing support battery voltage was low and got charged up...

·
Registered
36 Posts
This just happened to me today. During the same trip my TPMS alert popped up. Probably coincidental, but annoying nonetheless. Just had the car at the dealer 3 weeks ago for two other issues, one of which has not been corrected (clicking under moderate-to-hard acceleration). Really don't want to go back to the dealer again so soon and it's another 5k miles before my next service due.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah--here on the Gulf coast of Florida heat kills batteries pretty quick--my garage gets REAL hot. Wonder how easy it is to change the support battery under the cowl...?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx for posting--I'll take a look this weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts