SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed after the Nov software update, auto start/stop does turn on when it rains - the Ready state is showing grey vs. normally lit white. Anyone has similar experience?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I haven't noticed rain affecting stop/start at all. The main factor for me is just warming up- it won't be active until the car is warm. But technically there are many factors that can keep it from working, possibly if the wipers are on fast or are on in conjunction with high climate fan speeds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But Nov update seems to be the difference maker to me. Before the update when it rained in summer, Auto S/S was always on. But you're right, it could be temperature related - winter rain put a damper on the S/S. :) I just hope I don't have a malfunctioning sensor(s) or water leak somewhere.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Cold here (around freezing) and very rainy in the last few days. Auto Stop/Start working without issue.
Don't recall any difference in function before or after Nov update.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've read in the online manual that Auto Stop/Start is disabled under certain conditions and one of the items listed is "Windshield Wipers in Use". I assume the windshield wiper motors consume a good amount of electrical current that would prevent the Auto Start from working reliably during a long stop?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've read in the online manual that Auto Stop/Start is disabled under certain conditions and one of the items listed is "Windshield Wipers in Use". I assume the windshield wiper motors consume a good amount of electrical current that would prevent the Auto Start from working reliably during a long stop?
Makes sense as I've noticed the rain-sensing function stops or slows dramatically when in start/stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts