SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my dealer for a scheduled maint. I wanted the auto lock download (6849997-9 "Autolocking enabled at 7km/hr") The dealer told me that I had a different chassis that did not support the option.

I was wonder if anyone heard this before? I may have to check other dealers to see if this is valid.

Thanks.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Auto lock option not available. (t6tim)

Thanks, for your responses.

I got a response back from my local dealer and here was what they stated

"We had to call Volvo and research your question. We can program the new software for the vehicle, we will need the vehicle here to research more into this programming, but the initial charge would be around $350 for the programming".

From reading the other posts, this should take less than an hour to do and at $98 an hour, this sure does not take 3 hours to do.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: Auto lock option not available. (doug b)

I've asked around and found a dealer that will do this in a or what seems to be a resonable price for this item.

"GOOD MORNING; THIS IS CHRIS FROM FIELDS VOLVO.
TO ENABLE THE AUTO LOCKS WE HAVE TO HOOK UP OUR VOLVO COMPUTER; NOT SURE IF WE NEED TO INSTALL A DOWNLOAD OR JUST PROGRAM IT SO PRICING WOULD BE EITHER $55.00 TOTAL OR $89.00 +TX. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE THIS DONE. I CAN DO THIS PRETTY MUCH ANY DAY AND YOU CAN WAIT IF YOU WISH. TAKES ABOUT 30-45 MIN."

Thanks all for your comments.

Jak. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.