SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace our 2014 XC60 R-Design’s battery this past weekend, and afterward noted that the driver’s side window down/up button no longer works in full auto up/down (when depressed through the full detent). I can still roll the window up and down, but I have to hold the button. The adjacent passenger side button (on the driver’s door) still works and has that functionality.

It seems awfully coincidental that this feature was disabled about the same time as the battery change. Any chance the battery swap shorted something out? Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you tried resetting the auto open feature per the owners manual?
According to my 2013 XC-60 owners manual:
Resetting
If the battery has been disconnected, the auto open function must be reset so that it will work properly.
1. Gently raise the front section of the button to close the window and hold it for one second.
2. Release the button briefly.
3. Raise the front section of the button again for one second.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If that process does not work, VIDA can recalibrate the window limits for auto open/close.

Question for you: Did you reset your BMS counter after changing your battery? P3 Volvos keep track of your battery health and the BMS system must be reset after a battery change.
You'll eventually start getting low battery warning messages in the DIM if you don't reset it. There is a DIY method using a combination of buttons (I've never had that work) or you can use VIDA.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried resetting the auto open feature per the owners manual?
According to my 2013 XC-60 owners manual:
Resetting
If the battery has been disconnected, the auto open function must be reset so that it will work properly.
1. Gently raise the front section of the button to close the window and hold it for one second.
2. Release the button briefly.
3. Raise the front section of the button again for one second.
Wow. Interesting. It never crossed my mind that something like this would be a process or feature that could be “reset” or I would have checked the manual!

So no, I have not done that but given that this is a “thing” (LOL), I’m sure that’s the issue. I’ll follow these instructions. Thanks for pointing this out!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that process does not work, VIDA can recalibrate the window limits for auto open/close.

Question for you: Did you reset your BMS counter after changing your battery? P3 Volvos keep track of your battery health and the BMS system must be reset after a battery change.
You'll eventually start getting low battery warning messages in the DIM if you don't reset it. There is a DIY method using a combination of buttons (I've never had that work) or you can use VIDA.
No, I have not. I’ll look that up and/or have the dealer reset next time I have it in. Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. Interesting. It never crossed my mind that something like this would be a process or feature that could be “reset” or I would have checked the manual!

So no, I have not done that but given that this is a “thing” (LOL), I’m sure that’s the issue. I’ll follow these instructions. Thanks for pointing this out!

Update: that worked! Thanks all. Intuitively, this seemed more like an electrical or switch failure than a “feature” that needed to be reset. My apology for not just reading the manual!

·
Registered
516 Posts
No, I have not. I’ll look that up and/or have the dealer reset next time I have it in. Thanks!

For fun, give this process a shot:

I'm curious if it resets the BMS as they claim.

Reactions: AudiA4
1 - 7 of 7 Posts