SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The auto-dimming rearview mirror in the car has a very odd problem. Recently I got in the car and there is this strange film that appears to be inside of it. The bottom half of the mirror is clear while the top part is hazy. I'm sure the mirror is broken, but it's very strange how it has failed. It's like there is a "bubble" of fluid right behind the glass. How much are new rearview mirrors or is there some way to fix this? Never seen this problem before...

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Had the same thing happen, but I was lucky...in my S70. You'll have to replace it, and in your car, that area may also be tied into the security system of the car and need a software download....check with your dealer about the specifics for your car.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Wonderful. Tying sytems together is great until you have to fix it. I'll just live with it for now. I can still see out of it.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Mine has an on-off button on the underside.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Guess I should go ahead and close this thread since I forgot to before. I got the mirror replaced at the dealer and surprisingly it was covered under the warranty. I was pleased with the service and the new mirror works perfectly. Also had a few other things taken care of including the front end creak (Suspension mounts I believe?) and the fuel door lock. All that's left is fixing the passenger air vent's directional lever. Odd thing to break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts