SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Damn it. My mirror just popped out! Need a fast fix. I am supposed to leave tomorrow for my California raodtrip. Will shop around to see if the dealer has the part in store (doubtful) or maybe at IPD's.

Any quick advice?

· Registered
406 Posts
Darn. Car dealer says the mirror is 250$CAN ! Holy crap, thats alot of money. Of course they don't have it in stock. I had it glued yo the mirror stick/sphere. I will have to wait until I return from my 15 000 km California trip to have this fixed.

If anyone on the westcoast has an idea, and/or an extra mirror, let me know: [email protected] will be the email I can be reached at during the trip. Thanks.

· Registered
406 Posts
Re: (C70SPEED)

Will try to do that. I am currently in Cody, Wyoming. Thanks heaven there's wi-fi everywhere in the States. My camping is wired, so I can use my computer. Will be in Seattle some time on the 3d or 4th of July. We are having a hell of a trip!

See ya all laters!

· Registered
406 Posts
Hummm... just called Borton this very minute, and they told me they had to order it: 222,73US$. The guy said its possible its been on sale for a month or two. Now its over. Damn it.

· Registered
406 Posts
Weird. fcpgroton have that part number, and it is 59,00$. But I've called my local dealer to make sure this is the right mirror/part. They say the auto dimmer rear view mirror is #8614105 and worth 262$CAN. What they have for #9464006 is a mirror but not that kind of mirror.

Are we talking about the same thing here? Im a little confused I must admit.

· Registered
406 Posts
OK, thanks guys. I will do just that: order the mirror Monday morning and see. Thanks again.

· Registered
406 Posts
Hey! Finally got the mirror form FCP Groton. It's the right part, alright. 80$ CAN instead of almost 300$. Thank you FCP!

Now all I need to do is install it. Curiously, no instructions. It doesn't look that complicated.

*Update* I just did the whole installation very easily. It took approximatively 45 minutes, doing all the operations very slowly.

Thanks for your help, all.

Modified by LucasC70 at 5:25 PM 8-15-2006

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.