SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The auto braking on my 2015 S60 T5 platinum sport did save me from rear ending at low speeds on three occasions. Wasn't paying attention/distracted, and the car braked for me. That's something there!

Have the same technology package on my new 2018 S60 T5 Inscription platinum.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
The auto braking on my 2015 S60 T5 platinum sport did save me from rear ending at low speeds on three occasions. Wasn't paying attention/distracted, and the car braked for me. That's something there!

Have the same technology package on my new 2018 S60 T5 Inscription platinum.
Good for the person you DIDN'T hit. Bad, because you should be paying attention and NOT relying on Volvo's technology to save your ass!

·
Registered
20 Posts
New member but wanted to share that I also had auto brake applied at highway speeds. Situation was I merged right into an open lane while another car merged left into the same lane just ahead of me. This caused our distance to be closer than 2 secs. I was preparing to merge once more right and after I checked my blindspot saw it was being over taken. I then saw the person in front of me coming to a hard dead stop. With no outs left or right I slammed on the brakes and ended about 6 inches from their bumper at dead stop on a moving highway.

I didn't realize until after it was over and done that the car applied auto brakes and my reaction was not quick enough. Turns out the genus in front of me was running out of highway to make a left merge and with our left lane being over taken as well decided stopping on a highway where everyone was doing 70mph was the best option.

Funny how you never think you would need auto braking but when the situation presents itself are so glad you have it (and the person in the car in front has no clue).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good for the person you DIDN'T hit. Bad, because you should be paying attention and NOT relying on Volvo's technology to save your ass!
The Volvo instrument panel - for real ? I prefer the one on the '03 curved dash Oldsmobile ! In other words .. I prefer NOT to know !

·
Registered
801 Posts
You would think after the first time you would learn to put the phone down. 3 times already, how did you not kill someone before this car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts