SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

After several requests, I give you the opportunity to have replicas of Australian polestar spoiler for V/S60 RD 2010-2013

I've done research around the world, I've contacted several Volvo garages in Australia and other countries. I had Volvo parts references but they are more in production at Volvo and nobody can buy them unfortunately.

Looking around the web, I managed to find a Taiwanese company that makes several tuning elements for Volvo and luckily they created these Polestar spoilers for R-Design bumpers.

I had trouble contacting them but after being patient, I managed to know the prices in Taiwan dollars.

1. Fiberglass spoiler: NT$ 6,000 or 175€/190$
2. Spoiler Carbon: NT$ 11,000 or 320€/350$
3. Cost of painting: NT$ 2,000 or 60€/65$
4. Shipping cost in France: NT$ 2,000 or 60€ (maybe different for the USA)
5. Payment Paypal: 4.5% fee

I took fiberglass spoiler without paint, I still had some stock so I waited 10 days for delivery in France.

Here's the person you need to contact, this is Andy, his mail -> [email protected]

good buy, and keep me informed

Kevin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Kevin!

Thanks for the contact name! I've sent him an email to see if he can produce repicas of the V60 Polestar spoiler... Looks like noboby is offering either a replica or an alternate model that fits the V60. There is no way I'm going to pay $1300 CAD for a rear spoiler that needs to be painted.

Merci!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kevin!

Thanks for the contact name! I've sent him an email to see if he can produce repicas of the V60 Polestar spoiler... Looks like noboby is offering either a replica or an alternate model that fits the V60. There is no way I'm going to pay $1300 CAD for a rear spoiler that needs to be painted.

Merci!!
it's with pleasure, I was so happy to find that I share it with you :D

you don't have to buy original rear spoiler which is very expensive, Polestar Performance Parts offers 2 roof spoiler for $230 + shipping $60 for North America (there may be customs fees), I bought them and it's genuine parts Volvo (look at my V60, I'm going to repaint them because I don't like black)

This is a very famous German site for Volvo and Saab parts, here is the link: http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...ler-for-bootlid-polestar-performance/1062728/

·
Registered
603 Posts
That is a great news for lots of V60 owner who wished to have these parts (less expensive than US market).

@Solberg51: I will be interested by your feedback once you got all parts and see how it fits and if any issue.

About Skandix, I bought from them but was too expensive to ship to US. Thus, I shipped them to France to my parents and then they shipped the parts for half price to me (easily half price)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a great news for lots of V60 owner who wished to have these parts (less expensive than US market).

@Solberg51: I will be interested by your feedback once you got all parts and see how it fits and if any issue.

About Skandix, I bought from them but was too expensive to ship to US. Thus, I shipped them to France to my parents and then they shipped the parts for half price to me (easily half price)
I already installed, they are currently painting, I get my V60 tomorrow

Here is a picture of the installation, I did not glue them but screwed to remove them more easily if necessary

·
Registered
378 Posts
it's with pleasure, I was so happy to find that I share it with you :D

you don't have to buy original rear spoiler which is very expensive, Polestar Performance Parts offers 2 roof spoiler for $230 + shipping $60 for North America (there may be customs fees), I bought them and it's genuine parts Volvo (look at my V60, I'm going to repaint them because I don't like black)

This is a very famous German site for Volvo and Saab parts, here is the link: http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...ler-for-bootlid-polestar-performance/1062728/

I much prefer having the rear spoiler as a whole piece and not some stick on parts. I’ll wait for the replica or save for a real one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My bad.

It's just that the way you've type your question it sounded like you already knew the part # and wanted to share it...

39842943 is indeed the correct part #.
Volvo abuses price between $ 900 / $ 1000, other roof spoiler for V60 are $ 300 / $ 400! it's more correct as price, they prevent customers from buying their Polestar parts with their prohibitive price.:furieux:

the simplest and least expensive will be to find one in a car demolition center

·
Registered
603 Posts
Volvo abuses price between $ 900 / $ 1000, other roof spoiler for V60 are $ 300 / $ 400! it's more correct as price, they prevent customers from buying their Polestar parts with their prohibitive price.:furieux:

the simplest and least expensive will be to find one in a car demolition center
any brand do that...just a stamp stating "by xxx" when they buy the parts at $300 or less to suppliers

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How did they turn out Kevin? How was fitment?
I ordered them without painting, so I lightly sanded them for the painter, I did not glued them but screwed with 3 screws to remove them more easily if necessary, the adjustment is simpler like that and it's not visible.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts