SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Audioguy I am in a bad way.. I am desperatly wanting to put an mp3 player in my C70. The only problem is that I have to do alot of rewiring to get a head unit in there. I found that Alpine makes a 6 disc mp3 changer but I have to go through a fm modulator That is a disrespect for the sound system of the c70. What I want to know is does volvo or any one make the proper link to be plugged into the back of the sc901 so I dont have to go through the modulator. so i can use our headunits. You should look into this also for upcoming audios MP3 doesnt sound as good but its a feature that more and more people want.

·
Registered
194 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C70SPEED:<BR><B>Hi Audioguy I am in a bad way.. I am desperatly wanting to put an mp3 player in my C70. The only problem is that I have to do alot of rewiring to get a head unit in there. I found that Alpine makes a 6 disc mp3 changer but I have to go through a fm modulator That is a disrespect for the sound system of the c70. What I want to know is does volvo or any one make the proper link to be plugged into the back of the sc901 so I dont have to go through the modulator. so i can use our headunits. You should look into this also for upcoming audios MP3 doesnt sound as good but its a feature that more and more people want.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There is a CD-changer connector on the back of the SC-901 but it only works together with Volvos own CD changer (supplied by Alpine), not with Alpines aftermarket changers.<P>I saw that pj's850 has a pretty good idea how to inject an AUX signal (e.g. MP3 player) with the help of an add-on box that sits between the head unit and the amp. Appearantly he has managed to figure out the pinout of the 6-pin DIN connetor that Volvo uses between head unit and amp. You can check his car in the 800 series forum. The unit he uses is an Audiocontrol HPX.<P>Regarding MP3 players from factory we have no offer yet but we are working on it. Since MP3 is not a real standard, it constantly evolves, and there are many alternative formats like WMA and AAC we need to design a flexible player that allows the customer to choose format and upgrade their decoder each time an improved algorithm is available. We don't think anyone wants to buy a new media player each time a new format for compressed audio is released so we need to be flexible.<BR>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts