SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my 2015.5 V60 CC so far. One weird thing happens in the morning though. When I start the car, there is no sound from the audio system for about a minute. I get half way down my street and the audio finally comes on with a gentle fade in. However, when I start the car after work, the audio comes on right at startup with no delay. Anyone else experience delayed audio after startup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Two questions. Do you by any chance have the premium sound system with the Harmon Kardon components, and secondly - not sure where you're from - but is it very cold in the mornings at the moment? I recall a couple of months ago now there was an issue with the H-K system in very cold conditions along the lines you described. Apparently its is a known problem which Volvo was working on. Not sure what the current status is.

Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony. Thanks for your reply. Yes and yes. I have the HK premium sound and this issue only happens on cold mornings or cold nights. Mid-day starts when the sun is high are fine (I'm in the Northeast USA). Your helpful response is a prime example of why I love this forum. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's OK - glad to help. As I said I'm not sure what the current status of this is. The issue first arose late last year/early this year which was I believe the first northern winter after the introduction of H-K components into the premium sound system. It was something to do with software protecting the components with a very slow warm up in very cold conditions. At the time Volvo said they were aware of it and were working on a software fix. Haven't heard anything about more 6 months or more so don't know if its been resolved. Here is Australia we don't get the very cold conditions so its never been a problem for us. Check with your Dealer.

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts